IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Donruss presented by Panini

2021 Donruss presented by Panini
Here's the link - https://www.beckett.com/news/2021-donrus...all-cards/

2021 Donruss and 2013 Prizm

It's so lazy.  Added a "cover" to the top of the picture, shortened up the bottom, added a white border to the interior picture, shifted some logos around, and swapped the border design with some lazy lines and some triangle borders for some reason.  20 minutes tops in Photoshop.

Remove the Donruss and Rated Rookie logo and you'd be forgiven for thinking it was some sort of rejected Prizm design that didn't make it to production.  Panini is already saving money by not having an official MLB license, you'd think they'd put some effort into the design.

RE: 2021 Donruss presented by Panini
I have never been a fan of Donruss base designs. In fact, I only have purchased 1995 and 2018 boxes and that was to find something cheap to bust.

Panini will be the death of this hobby.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Panini will be the death of this hobby.
I'd rather buy a fugazi Rolex watch in Mexico.   Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Let's not pretend that Topps is reinventing the wheel with the designs they bring out.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:Let's not pretend that Topps is reinventing the wheel with the designs they bring out.
The biggest difference between the two companies is that I can still find Topps products in retail.

rjcj2017 Wrote:The biggest difference between the two companies is that I can still find Topps products in retail.
Sure, because who wants the same boring stuff every year!!  haha

Seriously, we need competition between at least two companies, so let them both exist and each person can pick what they want. I am not sure why so many bash Panini and yet keep buying their products. Isn't that the definition of 'insanity'? To keep doing something that is painful or does not solve a problem? I miss Ultra, Leaf, and Spx, to name a few, but I have the ability to choose my purchases regardless.

(01-16-2021, 07:32 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Let's not pretend that Topps is reinventing the wheel with the designs they bring out.
Fair enough but Topps also made my beloved Finest brand. Panini on the best of days just rehashes what other better loved companies have done. When they phone it in, they grab runner up designs from their own cards.

One of my biggest gripes is using the same photo for multiple product issues. And this isn't just during the pandemic releases. i.e., for 2019 Trayveon Williams the same photo is used for Absolute, Donruss, Donruss Optic, Prestige Unparalleled and XR. I mean, it's all digital. Click the button and take a few different pictures. Maybe using the same photo cuts down on printing cost, I don't know. I do know it is lazy.

I am basing this more on football, not sure if baseball does this as well. Leaf does it as well as Panini.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:One of my biggest gripes is using the same photo for multiple product issues.  And this isn't just during the pandemic releases.  i.e., for 2019 Trayveon Williams the same photo is used for Absolute, Donruss, Donruss Optic, Prestige Unparalleled and XR.  I mean, it's all digital.  Click the button and take a few different pictures.  Maybe using the same photo cuts down on printing cost, I don't know.  I do know it is lazy.

I am basing this more on football, not sure if baseball does this as well.  Leaf does it as well as Panini.
Agreed ... in the old days of film cameras I could at least see that as an excuse, but nowadays, yeah ... just lazy.