`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Holiday Joy - Day 4

A Little Holiday Joy - Day 4
So, I got my days confused and today's card was supposed to go up yesterday, on his birthday. But late is better than never...

As I said in a previous post, I started collecting during the 80s, but it wasn't until the boom in 1990-91 that I 'knew' what to look for and how to handle my collectibles and collection. But then the world exploded and instead of just a Topps and O-Pee-Chee release, we got Score, Pro Set, Bowman, and, of course, Upper Deck. That set, like 80-81 Topps, holds a special place for me as it was the first time I ever shelled out $1 for a single pack... And I did it a lot, lol. Now, fast forward a lot of years and a much older me purchased a case of low numbers and a case of high numbers and I busted all 48 boxes (listed in my org, even). I still debate if I should send some of those cards for grading as the shear number of HOF RCs that sell for $50 in PSA 10 could make it worthwhile... We'll see.

Back to today's card, which as you may have guessed, is actually from 90-91 Upper Deck and the player's birthday was yesterday. Here it is...

[Image: Damphousse.jpg]

I pulled this from 2014-15 Upper Deck (it was a buyback), but I still have ~20 of the original if anyone needs one! Again, not the biggest name, but a nice clean signature on a very nostalgic card. It's what keeps collecting fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

RE: A Little Holiday Joy - Day 4
Loved those BuyBack cards. Thanks for sharing!