`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Picked up my first Mantle

RE: Picked up my first Mantle
That is a sweet pickup! Congrats! 2020 Topps Chrome boxes are really tough to get any big auto's so you made a wise decision.. Recently I have been picking up 1965 Topps some as high as a PSA 7 and some as low as a PSA 5. Love Vintage!

Everyone remembers their first!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Absolutely the right choice , I have not opened a box of cards in 6 months , but I did finish a NM-Mt 1971 Kelloggs baseball set and did the not have any regrets about spending the money. 1971 is not exactly vintage but going back to the 50's , 60's and early 70's is more fun and almost always a better investment.
Photobucket

Congrats on the acquisition! PSA4 and still a beautiful card.

That Brooks Robinson Card is pretty sweet as well. The great thing about vintage HOF players ... they are established as the GOATs of the game. The newer inductees’ cards don’t have the same vintage ‘swagger’ as your Williams, Robinson & Mantle Cards ... and probably never will. It’s been a while since I purchased my last Mantle, and based on my continued unemployment it may be a while longer before I can entertain the purchase of anything, especially a Mantle.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice picK up!
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP