`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trading Etiquette

RE: Trading Etiquette
I'm sorry to see this OP. It sucks getting cards that aren't properly wrapped/shipped. It's pretty simple to me. Cards in penny sleeves (one card per penny if I have enough on hand) then into team bag, team bag sealed, 2 toploaders taped around sealed team bag (I use a piece of scotch tape from top to bottom and another from left to right covering all edges). I tape the tape to the toploaders so the cards dont' get damaged. Then into bubble mailer and out. 

If I ship single cards, I put card into toploader with a piece of cardboard cut out and then both into a team bag, into bubble and out. If I use PWE, I use a card saver wrapped in a piece of paper with 2 pieces of taper over the back to keep from opening. I WILL NOT lick an envelop. Also, I can't use a toploader. My USPS lady says if I use a toploader, it makes the package too rigid and bumps it to first class parcel. 

That's basically a wrap up of how I mail stuff. (Knock of wood) I haven't had any issues up to this point.

crazyforkinsler5: Very good methods for shipping! This kind of practice is where we should all be, as there will only be good outcomes from it. I hope that the person that sent me this will look at all of the replies, realize that they are 100% in the wrong, and just apologize for their actions. It's not difficult.

Thanks for all of the support and great suggestions, Beckett Community! Happy holidays and best wishes!

Randi

I just received my end of a trade with the member this thread is about and it was packaged perfectly. Figure it is apt to give credit where credit is due.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

aprirr Wrote:I just received my end of a trade with the member this thread is about and it was packaged perfectly. Figure it is apt to give credit where credit is due.
Well then... that makes it seem like a targeted situation where they wanted to do this to me for some reason, doesn't it? The credit that I am putting forward is obviously accurate, as the pics show exactly what I was sent. I don't know of anyone that would be happy to receive the package that I did.

Randi

rayeates Wrote:Well then... that makes it seem like a targeted situation where they wanted to do this to me for some reason, doesn't it? The credit that I am putting forward is obviously accurate, as the pics show exactly what I was sent. I don't know of anyone that would be happy to receive the package that I did.

Randi
I completely agree with not being happy with that kind of packaging. But perhaps the individual, having not been called out for his or her shipping practices in the past, did something that seems to happen more and more infrequently these days: realized his or her error and fixed it. I understand that you, as a moderator, must deal with many things here that I, as a simple user, can just ignore. But, as less likely as this happens now, I prefer to think that most people here are generally good but might be underinformed or oblivious to a problem that isn't directly pointed out to them as opposed to having nefarious reasons underlying their actions. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

aprirr Wrote:I completely agree with not being happy with that kind of packaging. But perhaps the individual, having not been called out for his or her shipping practices in the past, did something that seems to happen more and more infrequently these days: realized his or her error and fixed it. I understand that you, as a moderator, must deal with many things here that I, as a simple user, can just ignore. But, as less likely as this happens now, I prefer to think that most people here are generally good but might be underinformed or oblivious to a problem that isn't directly pointed out to them as opposed to having nefarious reasons underlying their actions. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.
Solid use of "nefarious" my friend.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Solid use of "nefarious" my friend.
One of many under-utilized words in the English language. I try to work in as many as I can during my daily discussions with the kid. Drives her nuts!

aprirr Wrote:I completely agree with not being happy with that kind of packaging. But perhaps the individual, having not been called out for his or her shipping practices in the past, did something that seems to happen more and more infrequently these days: realized his or her error and fixed it. I understand that you, as a moderator, must deal with many things here that I, as a simple user, can just ignore. But, as less likely as this happens now, I prefer to think that most people here are generally good but might be underinformed or oblivious to a problem that isn't directly pointed out to them as opposed to having nefarious reasons underlying their actions. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.
Very well said, my good man. I fully agree with you, and hope that is the case. There truly are more amazing collectors and sellers in the hobby than there are bad or ignorant for sure. I would prefer acknowledgement of the issue by the member, but I am not hung up at all. I am simply happy that the next trade they made was nothing but stellar (my underused word Wink ), and that you are happy. 

Sadly, we Moderators do see way more of the bad side of the hobby than we let the public know, but believe me when I tell you that everything that is important for the rest of the members to hear gets put out there. We truly care about the hobby, and I have made an incredible amount of friends through this site. This is what I see our hobby as: camaraderie, friendship, and a passion for something that can bring many people together. Thanks for your great post!

Randi

aprirr Wrote:One of many under-utilized words in the English language. I try to work in as many as I can during my daily discussions with the kid. Drives her nuts!
LOL, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys!

rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys!
Same to you and yours, Randy!