`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pricing box sets

RE: pricing box sets
Just look for complete set and go to sold listings (not just completed and not listed) to find the true value. 

As for finding stuff .... 

I was off today and went to Walmart to get an air compressor to air up my wife's tires. I went by the card section and low and behold they had restocked. They had 5 hanger boxes of Mosaic Basketball, 3 Mega Boxes of Bowman Chrome, some A&G, Donruss football and other stuff (no more basketball other than Mosaic).

I walked away with one pack of Donruss football since I don't collect basketball (don't collect football either but I have opened enough A&G, Donruss and Heritage baseball). No Chronicles baseball though were found.

crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:Just look for complete set and go to sold listings (not just completed and not listed) to find the true value. 

As for finding stuff .... 

I was off today and went to Walmart to get an air compressor to air up my wife's tires. I went by the card section and low and behold they had restocked. They had 5 hanger boxes of Mosaic Basketball, 3 Mega Boxes of Bowman Chrome, some A&G, Donruss football and other stuff (no more basketball other than Mosaic).

I walked away with one pack of Donruss football since I don't collect basketball (don't collect football either but I have opened enough A&G, Donruss and Heritage baseball). No Chronicles baseball though were found.
Wow, what's the matter, sharks? Caught you napping?

I haven't seen any new basketball product since the end of February.

Wish we could trade WalMarts, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:Wow, what's the matter, sharks? Caught you napping?

I haven't seen any new basketball product since the end of February.

Wish we could trade WalMarts, LOL
At least your WalMarts carry product.  My only option is Target since I think 2016.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:At least your WalMarts carry product.  My only option is Target since I think 2016.
Our WalMart has pretty much quit ... they probably got tired of the criminals making everything uncomfortable for the cusotmers, employees and card distributor. 

They have like four random boxes of Pokemon sitting sideways and backwards on an otherwise empty shelf.

Beyond depressing.

Turns out I have misspoken about WalMart. Went there for a few things today and decided to look just for the heck of it. About a month ago I checked the toys area just to be sure, and nothing. Today when I was heading to where I needed to go, I glanced down the first register aisle where the magazines and books normally are. Did a double take when I saw cards. I know earlier this year, magazines were still there, so not sure when they started stocking cards again. Still nothing for me. Just had racing, Star Wars and wresting (like Target). But they also had boxes of the 2019-20 UD I and II that you guys have been talking about. Haven't bought Hockey since the mid-90's, wasn't going to start again now. They also had the Football stickers but unlike RJ (sorry, had to take a jab at you lol), I maintained the willpower and passed them up as well.

Went to Target prior to WalMart. Thought it was kind of funny that they had large amounts of 3-ring binders (with pages), packages of pages and the slimmer binders (which I like, have the strap on them). Seems like they keep adding to the stacks with each shipment. But no surprise that there is so many of all of them there. If there are no cards to buy, what do the real collectors need with the storage items.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.