`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculating on 2021 Topps RC's

Speculating on 2021 Topps RC's
This speculation is based on having no idea what's going to be in 2020 Topps Update, but hearing rumors that there wont be that much. Based on that, it seems as though 2021 Topps will have a nice crop of RC's once again:

Jo Adell
Alec Bohm
Bobby Dalbec
Ryan Mountcastle
Ian Anderson
Dylan Carlson
Joey Bart

Any other "high profile" names?

RE: Speculating on 2021 Topps RC's
Casey Mize, Tarik Skubal

I think some of the other likely ones will be:

- Sixto Sanchez
- Sam Huff
- Keibert Ruiz
- Cristian Pache
- Luis Patino
- Spencer Howard

The guys that made their debuts in the postseason this year?:

- Alex Kirilloff
- Shane McClanahan
- Chas McCormick

The Twins had a bunch that debuted this year and could be there if they're not in Update - first 3 far more likely than the latter 3:

- Brent Rooker
- Ryan Jeffers
- Jorge Alcala
- Travis Blankenhorn
- Edwar Colina
- Aaron Whitefield (broke camp with the team, could be a guy that makes it into '20 update)

Depending on how the winter shakes out with the young guys - their contracts, veterans contracts, trades, whatever - you could also be on the lookout for guys that could break camp with the team or be up early like Lou Bob:

- Wander Franco
- Andrew Vaughn
- Jarred Kalenic
- Mackenzie Gore
Kepler

Sheeeeeeet, I've been pulling those guys' RCs for years now out of Bowman products.

Have I mentioned lately how stupid the "official RC logo thing" is?

Yeah the RC logo thing is pretty much a cluster, but from a value standpoint, that logo as well as the 1st Bowman logo are incredibly important it seems.

jbissell Wrote:Yeah the RC logo thing is pretty much a cluster, but from a value standpoint, that logo as well as the 1st Bowman logo are incredibly important it seems.
My favorite was pulling Miguel Sano's Bowman Chrome card in 2010, then waiting until 2016 for his "RCs" ... LOL

I think 2020 Update is going to surprise a lot of people and have at least 1 huge RC if not a couple. I personally believe that's why the release date keeps getting pushed back. Last I've heard is now Nov. 7th.

That said a lot of people are placing their chips on 2021 Series 1 which I personally think is a bad bet. Yes it will be loaded but mostly with middle and lower level names IMO. Series 1 will always sell itself regardless so why waste the big name guys in Series 1 when you can save them for Series 2 and let the hype train roll for a couple of months then take the hottest name and SP him like they have done with Series 2 the last couple of years and let's be honest it's now expected.

I can just feel the sharks circling, waiting for the retail release.

I wonder if the softening of pretty much all Mike Trout cards past his rookie card is the beginnings of a slight settling down of the market? Not sure.

jbissell Wrote:I wonder if the softening of pretty much all Mike Trout cards past his rookie card is the beginnings of a slight settling down of the market? Not sure.
Wait, wait, wait ... you mean modern second year base cards made anywhere after, I don't know, 1970 aren't supposed to be going for $100+ ... ???

Good Lord I hope so.

Hopefully more people that keep getting crap retail boxes at 4X the price are starting to wake up as well.

You know, I should have cashed in on this phenomenon a long time ago by starting my own retail consulting business.

Instead of that $80 you were going to pay for that blaster, you can send me $40 and I'll do an instantaneous analysis wherein I inform you that you won't pull crap.

Bam! You just saved yourself $40!

Man, why didn't I think of this earlier???