`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
UPDATE: You Can't Always Get What You Want ...

UPDATE: You Can't Always Get What You Want ...
But if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

So I ripped as much baseball as possible this summer, looking for Luis Robert rookie cards.

With a certain other fellow tearing up the playoffs, I went back through a couple of boxes this morning and found this ...

[Image: RandyDK.jpg]

Then, later in the same box, I came across this ...

[Image: Randy-Prizm.jpg]

And in one other box realized I pulled this ...

[Image: Randy-Chives.jpg]

Double checked my mighty two blasters of Bowman that I was able to find this year, I guess I pulled one in each ...

[Image: Randy-Bowman.jpg]

Based on the helpful RC guide that Beckett posted today, I went back and checked and found this one ...

[Image: RandyGQ.jpg]

Much more recently I pulled these two out of Stadium Club:

[Image: RandyBW.jpg]

[Image: Randy-Auto.jpg]

Pretty good haul there I'd say!

I double checked Optic and Donruss ... no dice.

UPDATE - Knew I had one more ... Turkey Red insert from Series 2 Topps!

[Image: Randy-Turkey.jpg]

Pretty sure this time these are it. Not a bad start to a PC!

RE: You Can't Always Get What You Want
Have you seen his dance off with his teammate Brett Phillips? He's a very limber guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_g_VJ53EiM
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

His ‘Star is rising’ would be an understatement. If you’re going to be a hitting-machine, there’s no better time or place to showcase your skills than the playoffs. Amazing performance so far.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

zeprock Wrote:Have you seen his dance off with his teammate Brett Phillips? He's a very limber guy!
Have not ... I'll have to check that out.

DrMitchJ Wrote:His ‘Star is rising’ would be an understatement. If you’re going to be a hitting-machine, there’s no better time or place to showcase your skills than the playoffs. Amazing performance so far.
Assuming they can eliminate the Astros, if he continued his breakout in the World Series that would be huge.

The funny thing is, every time I pulled a card of his from the Panini stuff I thought it was Robert at first (dark jersey and lack of logos).

Then I would be like, man, so close ... turns out it worked out alright.

Crazy the Cardinals traded him. As for getting Randy over Robert i say keep both!!

magneto2 Wrote:Crazy the Cardinals traded him.  As for getting Randy over Robert  i say keep both!!
I was so confused when I pulled the auto, because I didn't remember pulling some of his early Cardinals cards, and by the time Stadium Club came out he already had several Tampa Bay cards out on the market.

magneto2 Wrote:Crazy the Cardinals traded him.  As for getting Randy over Robert  i say keep both!!
Indeed!

RE: You Can't Always Get What You Want ...
Thread updated with photos of GQ and Stadium Club pulls - enjoy!

RE: UPDATE: You Can't Always Get What You Want ...
Nice stuff RJ. I have a Pink Refractor from Chrome of him and the Stadium Club auto! I pulled it about a couple weeks ago and knew it was decent.