`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Prizm presell up hahaha

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha
jplarson Wrote:Not going to happen.  Unless Panini does something to tarnish "the shield", the NFL is going to stick to an exclusive deal.  Less competition for Panini = more profits = willing to pay for exclusive license to keep less competition.
Today I picked up four PC cards for my basketball collection for $68 and change, shipped ... that's three blasters worth of Contenders and Prizm that I normally would have bought trying to pull those same cards (and probably wouldn't have).

So Panini can continue to Doosh On and I will not be supporting them any longer.

I wonder if the terrible injury to Joe Burrows (teams who are not in contention definitely should bench their star quarterbacks at Fed Ex Field - that place is a quarterback graveyard) will have any effect on the Retail Shark Network.

People were payiing Mahomes (which is still a bit of a risk at this point - but its much less with tehre already being a Super Bowl and MVP)/Brady/Montana/Peyton level prices for Burrows cards and that was a big driver of the retail bubble. But the NFL has always been the riskiest sport to "invest" in.

Its why I almost never ever pay more than $20 for a card - and if I do, that player already is in the Hall of Fame or is a big enough p.c. item, I don't care if it loses value.

But 2020 Prizm at $1000 turned from comedy to a grim farce on Sunday (and since I was watching, I didn't think Burrows was looking too hot against a bad Washington defense even before the injury).

ZSDOne Wrote:I wonder if the terrible injury to Joe Burrows (teams who are not in contention definitely should bench their star quarterbacks at Fed Ex Field - that place is a quarterback graveyard) will have any effect on the Retail Shark Network.

People were payiing Mahomes (which is still a bit of a risk at this point - but its much less with tehre already being a Super Bowl and MVP)/Brady/Montana/Peyton level prices for Burrows cards and that was a big driver of the retail bubble.  But the NFL has always been the riskiest sport to "invest" in. 

Its why I almost never ever pay more than $20 for a card - and if I do, that player already is in the Hall of  Fame or is a big enough p.c. item, I don't care if it loses value.

But 2020 Prizm at $1000 turned from comedy to a grim farce on Sunday (and since I was watching, I didn't think Burrows was looking too hot against a bad Washington defense even before the injury).
I don't think it'll matter too much. Herbert is driving the bus now, and more attention will go to him. Also, in any service/item category, once a price goes up, it's painfully slow to come down, if it ever does. Stores and sharks will hold out hope to get top dollar, and maybe they'll "discount" boxes for the holiday season hoping people feel like they get a steal. Herbert has been playing better than Burrow in my opinion, so who knows, maybe prices go up :p

(11-24-2020, 12:14 PM)savagenate Wrote: once a price goes up, it's painfully slow to come down, if it ever does.
I've seen that trying to pick Alshon Jeffery cards which, let's be honest, 1 Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl win and not much else. Of course you've seen it aplenty with Jonathan Franklin, a guy who only played in 11 games his rookie season 7 years ago.

jplarson Wrote:I've seen that trying to pick Alshon Jeffery cards which, let's be honest, 1 Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl win and not much else.  Of course you've seen it aplenty with Jonathan Franklin, a guy who only played in 11 games his rookie season 7 years ago.
Exactly lol. Guys are still trying to charge near rookie year prices for his stuff. Same with Burfict. He was notorious, but he's done in the league. When I go to make offers on his 1/1 stuff people still try for his most popular year prices. I've decided I'm not that motivated to have every single one of them lol. We are in the same boat!

Brunell is in the set...now I have 36 parallels (if I counted correctly) to chase. Hopefully, I will let the insane 1st/2nd wave go by before I start to pick them up as none of these "exclusive" parallels are particulate rare sans the snakeskin and #ed ones.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

jaderock Wrote:Brunell is in the set...now I have 36 parallels (if I counted correctly) to chase. Hopefully, I will let the insane 1st/2nd wave go by before I start to pick them up as none of these "exclusive" parallels are particulate rare sans the snakeskin and #ed ones.
Smart man lol