Beckett Message Boards
2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha (/thread-1618622.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - pjrussell529 - 09-21-2020

Anyone else see the presell price on prizm? $950 and people were actually buying. This is seriously insane.

What does everyone think Burrow base rcs open at? $100-$150?

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - kerryandbeth - 09-21-2020

pjrussell529 Wrote:Anyone else see the presell price on prizm? $950 and people were actually buying. This is seriously insane.

What does everyone think Burrow base rcs open at? $100-$150?
Sooner or later EVERYONE makes stupid decisions. Mine was in baseball in 2018 so I am good to go now.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - savagenate - 09-22-2020

This pricing bubble has to pop at some point. I know people disagree, but it's insane! The economy is tenuous, politics are fractious, and money doesn't grow on trees. Not to mention the oversaturation of card products! No thank you. I'll wait a year or two and pick up my favorite badgers at a decent price when the bubble pops.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - rjcj2017 - 09-22-2020

2019 Prizm was sitting on the shelf for months at my local WalMart.

I would drop my daughter off at her dance studio and then walk over there ... the same stock was sitting there for weeks.

I would sometimes buy a blaster, maybe not, but there were always the same number left when I went the next week.

This bubble is ludicrous and beyond stupid.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - ZSDOne - 09-22-2020

Prizsm was an often brutal product at $120 - at $200 it was even worse, but a good autograph or low numbered parallel might save you box - but most were brutal at that price.

At $950 a box, Prizsm is throwing your money away.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - rjcj2017 - 09-22-2020

ZSDOne Wrote:Prizsm was an often brutal product at $120 - at $200 it was even worse, but a good autograph or low numbered parallel might save you box - but most were brutal at that price.

At $950 a box, Prizsm is throwing  your money away.
Agreed 100 percent ... in my 2019 Prizm retail breaks, I was lucky to hit some decent rookie jersey cards, but as for the actual high dollar rookie cards themselves (Murray, Haskins, etc.) I pulled none of the big names.

This whole situation is both surreal and disappointing at the whole time.

These cards just aren't worth that much, I don't know how else to put it.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - jplarson - 09-22-2020

(09-22-2020, 03:27 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Prizsm was an often brutal product at $120 - at $200 it was even worse, but a good autograph or low numbered parallel might save you box - but most were brutal at that price.

At $950 a box, Prizsm is throwing your money away.

I remember a couple years ago getting boxes of 2013 Prizm for Christmas cause they were only $30-40 since the draft class was so weak. The price of Brady and Wilson base cards from this set are ridiculous! Reminds be back in the early 90s when 1990 Leaf baseball was expensive for any listed card.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - ZSDOne - 09-23-2020

jplarson Wrote:I remember a couple years ago getting boxes of 2013 Prizm for Christmas cause they were only $30-40 since the draft class was so weak.  The price of Brady and Wilson base cards from this set are ridiculous!  Reminds be back in the early 90s when 1990 Leaf baseball was expensive for any listed card.

Did you see thatie Russell Wilson rookie card value list they have on the main page - BASE Prizsm ranks third in front of several autograph cards (and Topps Magic, which is in my opinion by far the best looking set of 2012 ranks last - what is wrong with people?) and low numbered cards.  Base Prizsm should be a $1 card.

And about 10 months ago, I was in an LCS that had stacks of boxes of 2013 Prizsm for around that price

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - ZSDOne - 09-23-2020

rjcj2017 Wrote:Agreed 100 percent ... in my 2019 Prizm retail breaks, I was lucky to hit some decent rookie jersey cards, but as for the actual high dollar rookie cards themselves (Murray, Haskins, etc.) I pulled none of the big names.

This whole situation is both surreal and disappointing at the whole time.

These cards just aren't worth that much, I don't know how else to put it.

I think the proper place of Prizsm in the world is that I recently found some 2017 Prizsm in one of my base boxes - among the cards was a Silver Tom Brady and a Patrick Mahomes rookie - in 2017, I didn't think enough of Prizsm to  do anything more with the non-Eagles base rookies and the non-Eagle silver Prizsm veteran parallels than to put them in a base box for storage.

RE: 2020 Prizm presell up hahaha - ZSDOne - 10-01-2020

If the pre-sell price wasn't hilarious enough - check out the Panini sell sheet - not only has the price reached Ludicrous Levels, Panini is actually providing less.

Last year you got three autographs, this year only two. You also only get 9 parallels - although its now 2 Silver Prizsms (because apparently that is as good an an autograph, LOL!)

This would be a terrible purchase at $100 - let alone at 10 times that.