`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Yastrzemski

Mike Yastrzemski
The rise of this guy reminds me of another initially unheralded player, Mike Piazza. 

Definitely a late bloomer, but I am very impressed with him right now. Quickly becoming a fan favorite too.

RE: Mike Yastrzemski
jbissell Wrote:The rise of this guy reminds me of another initially unheralded player, Mike Piazza. 

Definitely a late bloomer, but I am very impressed with him right now. Quickly becoming a fan favorite too.

I have a ton of update paper and chrome rookies
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

His grandfather was my favorite player growing up. I'm rooting for Mike.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

zeprock Wrote:His grandfather was my favorite player growing up. I'm rooting for Mike.
Im just a hair too young to remember watching Carl Yaz play, but I have many of his baseball cards and he was definitely a great player!

Its kind of neat watching Mike come out of nowhere. He doesnt have the high ceiling of a Vlad Jr, but right now, there is no question he's playing consistently better than Vlad Jr.

I have a fair number of the update paper and Chrome RC's as well.

What Im more interested in is his 2015 Bowman Chrome card. My son has both his Chrome prospect card and Blue Wave refractor which are currently experiencing pretty dramatic increases in value, but he wont sell....hahaha!

Wow
My Bowman Chrome Auto of Mike Yaz just exploded ... 3X higher since 8/12. It’s time to move him up to “the big boy box” Smile

I love when unexpected, unheralded players come out of nowhere and make it big. How many 1st round draft picks disappoint, while you get some prospect in the 4th round and he kicks butt?

All those guys paying big money for Dominguez and Robert cards are gonna be surprised and disappointed when someone else comes up from behind and shows that they’re better. I was into the hype of Jose Abreu and thought I was slick picking up nearly all his Rookie autos ... they all dropped about 40-50% ... luckily he’s still good and might be great ... but guys like Cespedes and Puig came in with lotsa hype ... and today how are they?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have a lot of YAZ cards in Giants uni.  Nice surprise last year when he came up and this year he is a stalwart in the line up.  I also like Joey Bart being up.saw him play in the Spring Training last year in AZ.  I hope the Giants start the young group staying together like they did in 2010 2012 2104..I would like another run like that!!!

Blew my mind when I ripped a Gypsy Queen pack this year and while flipping saw the Yastrzemski name appear twice!! Talk about a double take!! Mike and then his pop who is one of the HOF sp's in the same set. How often you see that name twice in one pack??? Both GREAT ballplayers...
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."