Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of error cards that have been corrected

List of error cards that have been corrected
Good morning!
I have been batting around the idea of starting an error card collection. Not the uncorrected errors, but all of the prominent errors with corrected versions made after 1980, and hopefully getting the NNOF Frank Thomas RC as the pinnacle.

Is there a reference I can go to to find a list of cards to pursue?

Thanks!

RE: List of error cards that have been corrected
I bet you can do it right here on Beckett. Just go to the OPG, type in, for example, "1981 ERR" and all the error cards from that year should come up. I don't think there were any listed for 1980.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Zep is correct: this is a good place to start.  I searched 1982 ERR and got 14 of them.  I am sure there are unlisted error cards..but if i was doing this project, I would start here.

Thanks for the responses!

jbissell Wrote:Good morning!
I have been batting around the idea of starting an error card collection. Not the uncorrected errors, but all of the prominent errors with corrected versions made after 1980, and hopefully getting the NNOF Frank Thomas RC as the pinnacle.

Is there a reference I can go to to find a list of cards to pursue?

Thanks!
There are actually several references available but many do not have consistent information, there are many errors and variations that are not listed that the master set collectors are very aware of. websites: baseballerrors and junkwaxgems have good information to start.

ellis2211 Wrote:There are actually several references available but many do not have consistent information, there are many errors and variations that are not listed that the master set collectors are very aware of. websites: baseballerrors and junkwaxgems have good information to start.
Awesome! Thank you! 

Going through, it seems as though there are wayyyy more than I thought, so I may just try to get the ones where they're over $1.00 in value and there is a significant difference in value between the Error and Corrected card.

Whats up JBissel, hope ur doing well. Ya, when junk wax was in full swing there was a period where errors where very hot, so all of a sudden, they were everywhere. 1991 Topps off the top of my head has a ridiculous number, and most are like a quarter. But, 91T also had the old "white whale" Mark Whiten where his hand went into the white border, I have an extra one to trade (along w/all the others) but, I kinda like some of the printers errors, like blank backs or wrong backs. I have oodles of both and a bunch of mis-cuts which I find less appealing. Last month for my Beltre pc I scored a 99 Black Diamond Adrian Beltre w/Nomar Garciaparra's card back (sorry about prob. butchering the spelling of your last name Nomar) there's a site called "junk wax gems" that has alot of the obscure ones, from all sports, if u can't find it pm me for the link.
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."