`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHAT IS GOING ON W/EBAY PRICES????

RE: WHAT IS GOING ON W/EBAY PRICES????
kerryandbeth Wrote:1993 Upper Deck...yeah, right.  Like I lost my brain to Covid-19.   Tongue
Excuse me for offering. I have others but I don't care now. All you needed to say is no thanks.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

kerryandbeth Wrote:1993 Upper Deck...yeah, right.  Like I lost my brain to Covid-19.   Tongue
Excuse me for offering. I have others but I don't care now. All you needed to say is no thanks.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

bamyanks Wrote:Excuse me for offering. I have others but I don't care now. All you needed to say is no thanks.
I really did think you were being sarcastic...sorry I misread.

That's why I don't trust EBay prices.  The same card could be listed by ten different people for ten different prices.  I guess if you're looking to buy, you pick the cheapest option but if you're trying to sell you don't know what to price your item at.

bamyanks Wrote:What sets are you doing? I have plenty of 1993 upper deck.  The only thing is I have a lot spread out over several boxes and I don't hurry, hurry so you get them in less than a week.
If you have sealed factory sets you should open them and see if any are Gold Hologram.  That Jeter RC is taking off and one of his toughest RC's to pull.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I think 1993 Upper Deck is one of those sets that turn into a solid block if left remaining in the original box.

I find Ebay is a dumping site for commons. No one is buying commons in this market and many are just breaking boxes and dumping them in quantity.
I prefer to trade for commons that I need but sometimes I get an itch to start a set that looks cool and instead of going for an overpriced hobby box I'll just buy a buttload of commons for a starter set for almost nothing and trade for the rest.

That's why you don't go by listed prices when determining what a card is worth. You go by sold prices. The way I find a value is to take the average of the last 4-5 that have sold (or 8-10 if there's many, many sold items). That'll give you a good idea of what a card is worth. That takes into account time listed, shipping, many other variables. Again, you can put whatever price you want on it, whether it's lower than the value or double. But to find an actual value, you go by sold prices. Wrote:That's why I don't trust EBay prices.  The same card could be listed by ten different people for ten different prices.  I guess if you're looking to buy, you pick the cheapest option but if you're trying to sell you don't know what to price your item at.

kerryandbeth Wrote:I think 1993 Upper Deck is one of those sets that turn into a solid block if left remaining in the original box.
Yes it is, unfortunately.  I just purchased the Gold Hologram version from a guy that opened it and took out the Jeter.  The first 200 cards were all speckled, but the rest were pretty good.  Just have to be really careful peeling them apart!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars