Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time

The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time
Happy Easter, friends!

Check this out ... in addition to my recent chase for Luis Robert (baseball) rookie cards, I have also been keeping an eye out for any retail football draft stuff.

So last night around closing time at WalMart I grabbed three blasters and a jumbo 3-pack of Prizm Draft football.

I did pretty well but didn't actually pull the one player I was looking for, of course - Chase Young.

I went back very early this morning to grab a couple more blasters, and of course the sharks had cleared everything out ... at least six blasters and probably 10 jumbo packs.

However, there were three lonely little 3-packs of Gypsy Queen baseball left, so I grabbed them ... and pulled the Robert RC!

I had just enough money for a couple of football blasters, so if they would have been there I would not have bought the GQ packs.

(Speaking of, if anybody has any Chase Young cards from the Prizm set I am interested in trading for one.)

Stay safe and well and have a great Easter!

RE: The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time
WalMarts around me stopped selling cards after 2015 (or 2016). So it is only Target for me. Haven't seen any 2020 product yet. Going to go there tomorrow for grins. Bought a few Aggie autos along with the base and gold of the Aggies in the set from Foleylion, so won't be bothering with Leaf Draft. Maybe they will have some Prizm Draft.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(04-10-2020, 07:28 PM)dogger99 Wrote: WalMarts around me stopped selling cards after 2015 (or 2016). So it is only Target for me. Haven't seen any 2020 product yet. Going to go there tomorrow for grins. Bought a few Aggie autos along with the base and gold of the Aggies in the set from Foleylion, so won't be bothering with Leaf Draft. Maybe they will have some Prizm Draft.
Both Targets in my area have stopped stocking stuff for the last month or so, but the one Walmart keeps getting new stuff in.

I'd like to get one blaster of Leaf Draft but haven't seen any.

My Target did have the Leaf Draft this past weekend. But I held to my guns and didn't buy any. They would all just go into a box.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

(04-14-2020, 01:25 PM)dogger99 Wrote: My Target did have the Leaf Draft this past weekend. But I held to my guns and didn't buy any. They would all just go into a box.
Yeah, they're not a real high-end product, LOL

I have had pretty good luck with hitting USC autos out of that product over the years.

No one very valuable but definitely unique PC adds.

No new football at my Target today. Only new baseball. Other than Aggies and a Topps Set, don't collect baseball, but have to open something. Bought 2 value packs and a hanger of Donruss. Will just go into the ORG and storage box, but at least something. Like basketball Prizm (for me same as baseball), probably won't ever see any Prizm Draft football. With the hobby boxes priced so high, the dealers are probably scarfing up the retail boxes for their stores. Remember seeing some of the dealers at the last Tri-Star show with the retail basketball Prizms selling the $20 boxes for $50.

(04-18-2020, 12:07 PM)dogger99 Wrote: No new football at my Target today. Only new baseball. Other than Aggies and a Topps Set, don't collect baseball, but have to open something. Bought 2 value packs and a hanger of Donruss. Will just go into the ORG and storage box, but at least something. Like basketball Prizm (for me same as baseball), probably won't ever see any Prizm Draft football. With the hobby boxes priced so high, the dealers are probably scarfing up the retail boxes for their stores. Remember seeing some of the dealers at the last Tri-Star show with the retail basketball Prizms selling the $20 boxes for $50.
I haven't seen any Donruss baseball. I have a strong feeling it was probably in the same shipment with Leaf Draft football and when (if) the quarantine is listed there will be a pretty healthy selection of stuff they've been holding back.

Did you pull anything good out of Donruss baseball?

Got another 5 value packs yesterday. When you count the variations, ended up with a pretty decent stack of inserts. The base set is 264 cards. There are 38 variations that are not considered part of the set. Have about 2/3 of those. There are some nice retired stars. Since I don't follow baseball like I use to, don't really know any of these rookies. Got a few Astro inserts that I tagged as PC (Altuve variation, Alverez inserts). Got 1 gamed used in a value pack: Salvador Perez (Royals).

Also, like Donruss football, there are RC's and Rated Rookies. However, with baseball, the Rated Rookies are not short printed in the retail packs. I opened up enough Donruss football to have over 900 cards and only managed to get around 12 or so of the Rated Rookies (of course no of the big ones). Have had to trade or buy the rest. And still need Haskins, Murray, Deebo and Bosa.

Since I probably won't see any football until Score (always put the set with inserts together), I might as well do this Donruss set.

(04-20-2020, 01:00 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I haven't seen any Donruss baseball. I have a strong feeling it was probably in the same shipment with Leaf Draft football and when (if) the quarantine is listed there will be a pretty healthy selection of stuff they've been holding back.

Did you pull anything good out of Donruss baseball?

(04-20-2020, 08:25 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Got another 5 value packs yesterday. When you count the variations, ended up with a pretty decent stack of inserts. The base set is 264 cards. There are 38 variations that are not considered part of the set. Have about 2/3 of those. There are some nice retired stars. Since I don't follow baseball like I use to, don't really know any of these rookies. Got a few Astro inserts that I tagged as PC (Altuve variation, Alverez inserts). Got 1 gamed used in a value pack: Salvador Perez (Royals).

Also, like Donruss football, there are RC's and Rated Rookies. However, with baseball, the Rated Rookies are not short printed in the retail packs. I opened up enough Donruss football to have over 900 cards and only managed to get around 12 or so of the Rated Rookies (of course no of the big ones). Have had to trade or buy the rest. And still need Haskins, Murray, Deebo and Bosa.

Since I probably won't see any football until Score (always put the set with inserts together), I might as well do this Donruss set.
Nice stuff! Did you pull the Luis Robert RC? I think I'm going to start a PC. I have his Opening Day SP and his Gypsy Queen RC but like I said, I haven't seen any Donruss out here yet.

Just 1 so far, but for now is part of the set. I will let you know if I get any more.
(04-21-2020, 12:56 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Nice stuff! Did you pull the Luis Robert RC? I think I'm going to start a PC. I have his Opening Day SP and his Gypsy Queen RC but like I said, I haven't seen any Donruss out here yet.