Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Final Tally - 5 Blasters of Prizm Draft Football

Final Tally - 5 Blasters of Prizm Draft Football
Friends,

Since I have two breaks in different threads, I thought I would put it all in one final tally, as I'm (probably) done with this product.

Here's what I got in five total blasters of Prizm Draft, from two different Walmarts last week.

Joe Burrow purple prizm + two base
Tua Tagovailoa orange prizm + 1 base
Chase Young silver prizm + 1 base
Justin Herbert silver prizm
Isaiah Simmons silver prizm + two base
Jeff Okudah blue prizm + 1 base

Autos:

Kristian Fulton, LSU DB - orange/20
Jordan Elliott, Missouri DE - silver
Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame DB, blue #011/149 - jersey number!
Tyler Huntley, Utah QB - blue
Davon Hamilton, Ohio State DL - blue

Fulton is the only name I've seen in any first round mocks, but obviously you never know.

If you're trying to to figure out hobby vs. retail value, I paid $23.68 per blaster after tax for a total of $118.40.

There were 6 packs per blaster (5 cards per) for a total of 30 packs.

It looks like there are 8 packs per hobby box (5 cards per), and most hobby boxes are going for about $180 right now - 5 autos per box, too.

I did pretty well overall based on what some of the singles are going for right now.

RE: Final Tally - 5 Blasters of Prizm Draft Football
For comparison sake - a hobby box (note that my LCS charged $159.99)

Autos - K'Lavon Chaisson - LSU Edge
K.J. Hill - Ohio State WR
Shea Patterson (Green) - Michigan QB
Hunter Bryant (Green) - Washington TE
Anthony Gordon /199 - Washington State QB

Parallels

Jake Breeland Oregon TE - Silver
Julio Jones - Vet - /249
Jerry Rice - Legend - /299
Curtis Weaver - Boise State DE - /249
Tony Pollard - Vet - /199
Zack Moss - Utah RB - Silver
Dalvin Cook - Vet - /149
K.J. Hill - Ohio State WR - /199
Darrell Henderson - Vet - Green (All Americans)
Donovan Peoples-Jones - Michigan WR - Red

I have not listed the other base

I pulled a fair amount of color other than the ones listed above but those were the obvious highlights.

(Like, Baker Mayfield vet green prizm, that kind of thing.)

The blasters offer six (I think) exclusive blue prizms per box (they're more like light blue), not to mention unnumbered prizms like orange, blue, purple, etc.

I did get a nice Jerry Jeudy light green (?) prizm/125 I should have listed among the good pulls.

The color collation seems pretty random and most are not numbered in retail.

I do not understand Panini sometimes - the hobby product charges $30 a pack (at MSRP - and most shops charge much more than that) and while you are guaranteed an autograph and two Prizms, one numbered, you get more Prizsms and in almost every box I've seen an autograph in the blasters for less

(04-14-2020, 08:37 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I do not understand Panini sometimes - the hobby product charges $30 a pack (at MSRP - and most shops charge much more than that) and while you are guaranteed an autograph and two Prizms, one numbered, you get more Prizsms and in almost every box I've seen an autograph in the blasters for less
Yeah, the math is not adding up on this product.

I mean, I'm willing to bet the better autos are in the hobby stuff, but other than that I feel like if I paid $118 for what I got - basically almost four hobby boxes' worth of cards for $40 less than one hobby box - to pull color on most of the big names, as well as five autos, I'd lean toward retail being a much better deal.

I honestly don't know what's going on these days ... I think whoever had the case breaker theory is probably right.

The crappy part is that it trickles down to retail, like Optic basketball (I found one blaster this year, in seven stores) ... the hobby prices are so outrageous that people are turning to retail to either collect or try to make a profit.

I mean, as far as Prizm goes, it's college draft stuff. It gets forgotten the minute the first rookie photo shoot cards arrive in Certified or Prestige or whatever.

I don't get it, at all.

People are bored at home and also trying to score the next big rookie to flip asap

(04-19-2020, 09:33 AM)deathlok68 Wrote: People are bored at home and also trying to score the next big rookie to flip asap
That's what I'm thinking ... plus, with the delays, it might be awhile before they even hold a Rookie Premier for the pro uniform stuff, so this set might be it for a while.

And from a hobby box (keep in mind these have a list price at $150 a box or $30 a pack - and are going for much more than that) I got three undrafted free agents, one seventh round draft pick, and a first round defensive player.

Yikes!

If I ever see any of Prizm at Target, I will buy some just to be able to open some Football. Since the 3 Aggies in the product are only in auto versions, it is highly unlikely I will hit them. Also Tannehill, Mike Evans and Von Miller aren't in the product. Not even J.J. Watt. So nobody I collect is in Prizm Draft other than the rookie autos. Would just be buying for the sake of opening.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

They had exactly one jumbo of Prizm Draft at Walmart last night, so I grabbed it.

I pulled a pink pulsar prizm of Tua Tagovailoa in the bonus pack and a Jonathan Taylor base card in the regular packs.

Not bad for $12.

So now these are basically the last three skill guys I'm looking for in either Prizm Draft, Leaf or SAGE:

D'Andre Swift - Lions PC
Jordan Love
Jacob Eason

If you guys bust any of those products and pull any of those cards I would gladly trade for them.