`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pricing Procrastination Problem

Pricing Procrastination Problem
Beckett is doing everything they can to frustrate the OPG subscribers by pricing a small portion of a product and then wait 2-3 weeks to finish the set. Why??!

2019 Elite Extra Edition from December 5th has base autographs #1 thru #43 priced, and then nothing for cards 44 thru the end.

2020 Topps Series 1 has veterans base cards and lower-end parallels priced, and nothing for the RCs, inserts, mem, autos, etc.

I hate waiting for no particular reason!

RE: Pricing Procrastination Problem

I have received probably 20 calls from Brian to renew my subscription that runs out in August. I have zero interest in renewing because of the pricing issues. As many N/A's I have why bother with it?

It is ridiculous.

I think maybe the stuff they initially list is based on their general star, unlisted star, semistar and common card pricing? Like in the actual magazine where they have the handful of veteran guys they list in every set (Trout, Jeter for example) and then the lists of guys at the very end of the price guide section. Just guessing. The Elite stuff is confusing though unless there just isn't enough market data to be found. I don't know anything about Elite though either.

evolb909 has a good point about the general star, semistars etc... However, there is more than enough data on the RC's to put some pricing in for them.

Heck, they made some massive adjustments to 2019 Bowman Draft on some of the high profile prospects shortly after initial pricing came out. They could do that with Series 1 Topps. Im tired of having a stack of cards waiting to be put into my Org.

I am sure it is soooooooooo difficult to put a price on a card with a patch of cloth numbered to 399, and don't even get me started on how tough it is pricing a rookie card that has very little chance of making a MLB team starting lineup. I mean, come on!

With products getting more and more 'creative or lazy' (depending on how you view it) by slapping low serial numbers on a card, we are going to have 25% or more of our collection not priced by Beckett. So, that should equate to less work for those paid to price the cards, right??!

Heck, I would be happy if they would just add the 2020 Meijer Purple and Walgreen Yellow parallels to the database. The 2020 Heritage is already added and it isn't even released yet!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I agree, Aaron. It is worse when they won't even bother listing a card when there is plenty of information available to do that. Ridiculous!

Heck, I would volunteer 2 hours a week during the non-Tax Season to add cards to the database!!

(02-25-2020, 03:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Heck, I would volunteer 2 hours a week during the non-Tax Season to add cards to the database!!
Same here! I work weekends and have next to nothing going on during the week. I could start today!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(02-25-2020, 02:20 PM)aprirr Wrote: Heck, I would be happy if they would just add the 2020 Meijer Purple and Walgreen Yellow parallels to the database. The 2020 Heritage is already added and it isn't even released yet!
+1