Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feeling a Little Green After This 2019-20 Prizm Break

Feeling a Little Green After This 2019-20 Prizm Break
Happy Holidays, Friends!

So after looking at 3 Targets and 3 Walmarts in my general vicinity over a weekend of holiday shopping, I found exactly 24 packs of 2019-20 Prizm in a loose gravity box at one of the Targets.

No blasters, no mega boxes, no jumbo packs, no blisters ... nothing.

Suffice it to say I was happy just to find the loose packs.

Nothing too exciting on the Zion/Morant front ...

[Image: Zion.jpg]

However, I did hit a pretty nice Green Prizm in the lucky 13th pack ...

[Image: Barrett.jpg]

Not earth shattering, but considering how hard it was to find any product whatsoever, I was pretty happy with these three cards.

They're even sold out online on target.com and walmart.com now.

Crazy!

RE: Feeling a Little Green After This 2019-20 Prizm Break
At 425 per hobby box these retail boxes and packs are going to be ridiculous as well!! Nice RJ Barrett RJ!

Nice Barrett green. Im glad you atleast got a Zion of some sort. I never hit any of the top guys when i open packs!
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~

Postscript ...

So I found six blasters yesterday and cleared them out.

Not a single Zion card in six boxes.

The best cards (by far) were a Morant base RC and the LeBron Finals insert, as well as a Paschall RC for my Warriors PC.

As for the six mem cards ("or auto" LOL), I got PJ Washington, Cody Martin, Mfiondu the Clippers guy, Iggy the Knicks guy, and drumroll, please ... Ricky Rubio and Thaddeus Young.

Yes, there are mem cards of Thaddeus Young and Ricky Rubio in this product.

I haven't taken a bath on a product like this in a long time.

Oh well - the card gods had to balance out the four Zions (three prizms) I pulled in a Mega draft box a few weeks back, I guess.

Zion is obviously short printed at least in Retail. I have watched a few breaks on youtube and most I see is a Zion base every 7-8 boxes and packs or so. But It could be luck of the draw because someone at my LCS had 2 Zion silvers!! One to grade the other to sell. I think he was looking for 600 but prices are going to flatten out once Hobby is released tomorrow.

I agree. I don't see much Zion coming out of retail. I have a feeling that's intentional by Panini

(12-04-2019, 08:37 AM)btrav13 Wrote: I agree. I don't see much Zion coming out of retail. I have a feeling that's intentional by Panini
I have opened a total of 60 packs of retail Prizm and have pulled one Zion insert.

Honestly the same thing happened with Luca last year. I never saw a silver of Luca and only pulled maybe two base Luca's out of 4 or 5 hobby boxes. I finally got a Luca Green out of a Fast Break box and had it graded came back a 9.5 so I was pretty happy!

(12-05-2019, 11:29 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Honestly the same thing happened with Luca last year. I never saw a silver of Luca and only pulled maybe two base Luca's out of 4 or 5 hobby boxes. I finally got a Luca Green out of a Fast Break box and had it graded came back a 9.5 so I was pretty happy!
Wow, crazy Luka out of the Fast Break box!

I think I'm going to quit chasing Prizm and wait for Donruss ... not nearly the value, I know, but a much more fun break.

Honestly it might have been a regular retail box of Prizm with a Hamidio Diallo auto I think. When I saw the Luca Green not numbered I was totally happy! I kinda wish I opened more of that but at the price I was good.