`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Hobby Goals

RE: 2020 Hobby Goals
(12-02-2019, 05:39 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Think of stepping away..getting the inventory to where I have to a reasonable level and selling off everything else.

Have 100,000s of cards to remove before I leave this Earth and do not want to burden my kids etc with the massive amount of collection.

As I am retired Navy, have a private practice to control with 4 partners and associates (senior guy), it is a tough road ahead. Will be selling my practice shortly.

Getting old is no fun.
Wow! As a trading partner and fellow Bonds guy I am sorry to hear your thinking of stepping away. As a fellow Centrum Silver qualifier I understand completely.
My son is the one that brought me into the hobby and I have been attempting to get things organized to a point of lessening the burden of my collection (some would argue the term burden here..but if you are not the collector it well can be)
A recent cardiac event has made me start to think about things in a different light in many aspects of my life and one of the things I never want to be is dependent or a burden.

(12-02-2019, 05:39 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Think of stepping away..getting the inventory to where I have to a reasonable level and selling off everything else.
Have 100,000s of cards to remove before I leave this Earth and do not want to burden my kids etc with the massive amount of collection.
As I am retired Navy, have a private practice to control with 4 partners and associates (senior guy), it is a tough road ahead. Will be selling my practice shortly.
Getting old is no fun.
(12-03-2019, 06:25 AM)mistral38 Wrote: Wow! As a trading partner and fellow Bonds guy I am sorry to hear your thinking of stepping away. As a fellow Centrum Silver qualifier I understand completely.
My son is the one that brought me into the hobby and I have been attempting to get things organized to a point of lessening the burden of my collection (some would argue the term burden here..but if you are not the collector it well can be)
A recent cardiac event has made me start to think about things in a different light in many aspects of my life and one of the things I never want to be is dependent or a burden.
I'm starting a new thread based on these posts ... I don't want to create a meta thread within this topic ... look for "Men of a Certain Age"
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I need to be more disciplined this year, as I slipped back into bad habits while my father-in-law was sick this fall.

Like, every year I do really well with the WalMart Holiday boxes ... so if I can bypass the urge to buy Series 1, 2 and Update during the season, I can just wait for the "best of" all three sets shortly after the season is over.

I did not reach a single goal this year just way too much life going on
Losing my grandson , burying my dog just 6 days after moving into my new home and then on November 8. Burying my 11 week old granddaughter this close to the Hollidays it was just too much for me to keep going
I hope next year will get better and that at this point is my only goal to have a better year
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Oh my Wayne, SO sorry to hear. I will throw up some prayers for you and yours to have a MUCH better year in 2020. God Bless...

+1

I started to do that this year with moderate success. Didn't buy nearly as many blasters as I did in 2018 but still too many.

Will continue to focus on selling away cards that are not part of my PC and trade for those that are.

Getting old is no fun.

Setting 3 Goals this year in order of priority..

1.) Thin out the non PC cards I have accumulated over the years!

2.) Do more scanning and organizing of my PC. (set a goal of uploading 5000 scans on 2 other sites where you can actually update. there are still way too many cards I can't find scans for when I try look them up!)

3.) Pick up 2,500 Different Red Sox cards to put my collection at 52,500 uniques Red Sox cards.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(12-12-2019, 09:03 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I did not reach a single goal this year just way too much life going on
Losing my grandson , burying my dog just 6 days after moving into my new home and then on November 8. Burying my 11 week old granddaughter this close to the Hollidays it was just too much for me to keep going
I hope next year will get better and that at this point is my only goal to have a better year
So sorry to hear. Prayers sent for you and your family!! May God Bless this coming year..

These were my goals from 2018

Goals 2018
1) organize,organize,organize
still #1 goal every year
2) trade for my 1976 topps wants to finish set
did trade for most and in 2019 was able to place in album, think im missing still 100 or less
3) figure out what I want to sell during the spring/summer months to reduce my clutter of cards
done have plans to continue with
4) reduce my org by deleting it, giving it away,selling, or trading
done did a little bit of both
5) have fun

I didn't post my goals from 2019 or if I did must have deleted the post. Any way these are my 2020 goals

1)organize, organize, organize, list new stuff sitting in boxes into org
2)trade more often then in the past
3)have fun

Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(12-12-2019, 09:03 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I did not reach a single goal this year just way too much life going on
Very sorry to hear all of this Wayne. I sure do hope next year is better for you. I hope you are able to have a Merry Christmas. God Bless you and your family.