`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Days to Purge PC - what would you do?

RE: 30 Days to Purge PC - what would you do?
(09-30-2019, 09:59 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Here in OKC we have a box store that sells literally hundreds of sizes of boxes. You'd just have to bubble wrap the hell out of them then get a suitable box. If it was something that would sell for a couple or few hundred dollars then doing free shipping, even it if cost you $20, would be worth it.
It's not a matter of finding a box. I have done shipping with larger items before, it's just very expensive and you need to spend a lot of extra card with packaging to avoid damage in transit. I wish shipping would only cost $20. For most larger expensive items the shipping is $100+. Even with the massive UPS discount I get at my office it's still over $100 to ship and insure.

Also, my concern is not so much the cost of shipping for the higher dollar items. It's the potential for damage in transit, as you can only get paid out on an insurance claim if the box itself shows significant damage. If you haven't watched any videos showing how packages are handled, then you might want to consider watching one before shipping anything again. It is easy for items that are well packaged to still get damaged without the box itself sustaining any significant damage.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 30 Days to Purge PC - what would you do?
(09-30-2019, 10:50 AM)djohn Wrote: It's not a matter of finding a box. I have done shipping with larger items before, it's just very expensive and you need to spend a lot of extra card with packaging to avoid damage in transit. I wish shipping would only cost $20. For most larger expensive items the shipping is $100+. Even with the massive UPS discount I get at my office it's still over $100 to ship and insure.

Also, my concern is not so much the cost of shipping for the higher dollar items. It's the potential for damage in transit, as you can only get paid out on an insurance claim if the box itself shows significant damage. If you haven't watched any videos showing how packages are handled, then you might want to consider watching one before shipping anything again. It is easy for items that are well packaged to still get damaged without the box itself sustaining any significant damage.
Good point! I had to put in a claim with Topps a few years ago when I ordered 3 hobby boxes of Bowman. The outside box was perfectly fine, but one of the hobby boxes inside had a crushed corner. Sure enough, every card on that side had a crushed corner. Not sure how or when it happened, but damage from movement while being shipped can happen even if the outside box is fine.

(09-29-2019, 12:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My Yankee Stadium chair will never be sold, in fact, if I could be buried sitting in that chair for eternity, then I'll take it to the grave with me. Smile
That is hilarious! You can be like the aunt in National Lampoon Vacation!