`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps error card?

RE: Topps error card?
(06-25-2019, 10:26 PM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: I was about my son's age and only had a couple of years where I received the complete set of Topps football cards so I did not know that. Learn something new every day and honestly, when a person says, "not to be rude, but....." it's usually their way of saying, "I'm going to be rude, but this way I don't feel like a ***** and still look smart." Hence the profile name. This isn't about me. It's about my son. And he didn't know about it either. So now you were a Richard Cranium to my 12 year old son. Oh whoops! DR Richard Cranium. My bad. To all the other decent human beings that commented, I appreciate you being courteous and smart enough to understand what this thread was about. Go Mets! (Pete Alonso for MVP, ROY, Triple Crown)
Calm down, dude. If you weren't busy being such a defensive little prick, you wouldn't have taken the comment for more than what it was.

And just for your own information, Mitch is one of the nicest, most positive, and active users on this message board, so coming at him the way you did isn't going to endear you to people around here. He's also too nice to probably tell you what he really thinks ... luckily, I'm not.

Hope you and your son make lots of memories together, but don't expect investing in modern cards to be a sound financial investment.
Kepler

RE: Topps error card?
(06-25-2019, 10:26 PM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: when a person says, "not to be rude, but....." it's usually their way of saying, "I'm going to be rude, but this way I don't feel like a ***** and still look smart."
It's just the way English works and it is too often taken the way you just did, doesn't have to be anything loaded in the statement.

(06-25-2019, 10:26 PM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: To all the other decent human beings that commented, I appreciate you being courteous and smart enough to understand what this thread was about. Go Mets! (Pete Alonso for MVP, ROY, Triple Crown)
I think he made some nice comments to you about bonding with your son, you have taken this way too hard.

If you feel this was a rough comment, go put your post on Blowout Cards Forum and then take cover behind your sofa!

There's nobody malicious on here, Blowout on the other hand has about 50 guys online all the time waiting to rip into anyone for the slightest mistake. Check out this poor guy who made an error about his Trout RC and the dealer (jewcer2k5) that couldn't help but give him s**t to try and make himself look the superior alpha male...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1302253

Now put the response you got in perspective and look for even worse on that forum.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!