`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps error card?

Topps error card?
My 12 year old son found a misspelled word on the back of Topps 2019 series 1 card. He's amazing. It is for real, but not sure how much it matters to anyone else. Where do I go from here? Can my son please get some recognition for it? Not me. He found my stash at Grandma and Grandpa's from the mid '80s and it's one more way we can connect. He's amazing. Thank you for your time.

RE: Topps error card?
Can you post which card it is. It could be a misprint error and not worth any more than the card value itself. In other words its probably on all the cards printed for that number card.

Misspelled words on every card hold no extra value and will not be corrected. It is nice to know someone is reading the cards and not just seeing the value and moving on..
Great work..but I suspect there are a lot more out there is a lot of different products.
Do not confuse a misspelling with an intentional error to celebrate an older card, these are SP and SSP in some sets.

To find out Beckett and Cardboard connection has list of SP and variation for every set..worth checking out..

Good luck

It's the Boston Red Sox number 160 team card. On the back they misspelled "slugging" as "sugging". I just wish there was a way Topps would be able to take the time and tell him thanks for the help. I just know that if the card company I've spent a ton of money on already gave me a little back I would feel pretty good as a 12 year old. I explained to him that these are a terrific investment for him after I'm gone but kids don't always View things that way. But my son doesn't need anything but his dad at the end of the day. Thank you very much for your help

(06-25-2019, 12:38 AM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: I just wish there was a way Topps would be able to take the time and tell him thanks for the help.
I really don't want to sound rude or sound negative, but honestly, I don't think Topps really cares that someone 'discovered' a misspelling on a card. They've made thousands of errors over the years ... some actually intentional. Again, like someone mentioned, it makes me feel good to know that a kid is reading the stats on the cards like I did when I was a kid.

(06-25-2019, 12:38 AM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: I explained to him that these are a terrific investment ...
If buying the cards and sharing in collecting bonds you and you child, then yes, it's a terrific investment, indeed!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I was about my son's age and only had a couple of years where I received the complete set of Topps football cards so I did not know that. Learn something new every day and honestly, when a person says, "not to be rude, but....." it's usually their way of saying, "I'm going to be rude, but this way I don't feel like a ***** and still look smart." Hence the profile name. This isn't about me. It's about my son. And he didn't know about it either. So now you were a Richard Cranium to my 12 year old son. Oh whoops! DR Richard Cranium. My bad. To all the other decent human beings that commented, I appreciate you being courteous and smart enough to understand what this thread was about. Go Mets! (Pete Alonso for MVP, ROY, Triple Crown)

(06-25-2019, 10:26 PM)InaNYmin77 Wrote: I was about my son's age and only had a couple of years where I received the complete set of Topps football cards so I did not know that. Learn something new every day and honestly, when a person says, "not to be rude, but....." it's usually their way of saying, "I'm going to be rude, but this way I don't feel like a ***** and still look smart." Hence the profile name. This isn't about me. It's about my son. And he didn't know about it either. So now you were a Richard Cranium to my 12 year old son. Oh whoops! DR Richard Cranium. My bad. To all the other decent human beings that commented, I appreciate you being courteous and smart enough to understand what this thread was about. Go Mets! (Pete Alonso for MVP, ROY, Triple Crown)
Hey, I read both your post and DrMitchJ's post twice. I am not seeing anything negative or upsetting, and he is a good guy and long-time member of this community so I am sure he did not intend anything negative.

Anyway, you are both New York fans and that is how you guys talk, right? Big Grin

(06-25-2019, 11:29 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Hey, I read both your post and DrMitchJ's post twice. I am not seeing anything negative or upsetting, and he is a good guy and long-time member of this community so I am sure he did not intend anything negative.

Anyway, you are both New York fans and that is how you guys talk, right? Big Grin
If InaNYMin77 took more than a New York minute to really read my post at least once all the way through, he would have hopefully come to the same conclusion as you K&B. Instead of flying off the handle and hurling undeserved insults, He might have realized that I complimented his child in the first response and then in the second response I encouraged their time bonding over cards, as many of us have done with our fathers and kids, implying that the real value lies there, and not the monetary worth of the cards.
Furthermore, my 'not to sound rude, or sound negative' statement was put their to prevent some neophyte from misconstruing my somewhat blunt yet true statement that Topps doesn't really care. And they don't ... and now I don't either ...
Except for his son, who I hope keeps reading the Stats and keeps bonding with his father over baseball cards!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-25-2019, 01:20 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I really don't want to sound rude or sound negative, but honestly, I don't think Topps really cares that someone 'discovered' a misspelling on a card. They've made thousands of errors over the years ... some actually intentional. Again, like someone mentioned, it makes me feel good to know that a kid is reading the stats on the cards like I did when I was a kid.

If buying the cards and sharing in collecting bonds you and you child, then yes, it's a terrific investment, indeed!!
Topps doesn't utilize spell check when designing cards? My 98 year old grandmother knows how to use spell check!!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(06-26-2019, 01:26 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Topps doesn't utilize spell check when designing cards? My 98 year old grandmother knows how to use spell check!!
Lmfao.