`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most peculiar item in your collection?

What is the most peculiar item in your collection?
I found these recently among a bunch of old stuff I was looking through and they seemed strange to me as a sports collectible (though certainly not the strangest, by any means), so it got me thinking what other odd items might be out there.

Oddly enough, I found two Nolan Ryan bears, but three accompanying cards so I'm not sure if I had three bears and lost one or if I just somehow ended up with an extra card by mistake.

The Donruss Elite bear was still in the original plastic when I rediscovered it, but I had to remove it because the plastic was incredibly dirty.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: What is the most peculiar item in your collection?
I am normal so a Frosted Flakes cereal box of the '91 Twins World Champions.

(06-22-2019, 03:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am normal so a Frosted Flakes cereal box of the '91 Twins World Champions.
Are you saying that I'm not normal?!

(06-22-2019, 03:54 PM)hempick Wrote: Are you saying that I'm not normal?!
Ha...No! I was referencing that I don't have anything too unusual as I am not unusual. In other words, boring.

mmm....

For some reason, when I first went back to collecting again and was PCing Maddux and Pedroia...I ended up purchasing a Greg Maddux Kite from the Bay..I thought it was cool...lol...it's still in its box in my card room closet...

(06-22-2019, 03:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am normal so a Frosted Flakes cereal box of the '91 Twins World Champions.
This made me laugh out loud.

I don't have anything too obscure. The most interesting items would be a Florida State Football National Championship t-shirt...from a year they did not win the National Championship. They were the runners-up, but of course they make both shirts just in case. I also have a Utah Jazz towel from a game night giveaway from a Warriors-Jazz game I attended while living in Salt Lake. And a Nagoya Dome tote bag from attending a Chunichi Dragons game in 2009 (I also have a pair of thundersticks from that game too).
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

(06-22-2019, 11:38 PM)Dukester Wrote: mmm....

For some reason, when I first went back to collecting again and was PCing Maddux and Pedroia...I ended up purchasing a Greg Maddux Kite from the Bay..I thought it was cool...lol...it's still in its box in my card room closet...
Okay, a kite is definitely not something I would think of as a sports collectible. I wonder who had the idea to produce a Greg Maddux kite. Heh.

(06-23-2019, 12:35 AM)cjgiannini Wrote: This made me laugh out loud.

I don't have anything too obscure. The most interesting items would be a Florida State Football National Championship t-shirt...from a year they did not win the National Championship. They were the runners-up, but of course they make both shirts just in case. I also have a Utah Jazz towel from a game night giveaway from a Warriors-Jazz game I attended while living in Salt Lake. And a Nagoya Dome tote bag from attending a Chunichi Dragons game in 2009 (I also have a pair of thundersticks from that game too).
I always wondered what happens to the shirts/hats/etc of teams that don't win. How did you manage to get one of those?

I think most of those items end up getting destroyed. Somehow, my uncle (or maybe my father - I can't remember) got a hold of one and gave it to me. How they got one, I have no idea.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

[Image: 58376474_2014420868670132_37465263090402...e=5DBBF708]
PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

(06-23-2019, 02:53 PM)Addakin Wrote: [Image: 58376474_2014420868670132_37465263090402...e=5DBBF708]
I've seen those (or similar things) before! They're like stickers, right?