`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most peculiar item in your collection?

RE: What is the most peculiar item in your collection?
(06-23-2019, 07:20 PM)hempick Wrote: I've seen those (or similar things) before! They're like stickers, right?
No they are punch outs that can be put together to play a game. 1957 Swift Meats. I have the game board and all. It includes Hank Aaron and Frank Robinson ( Rookie)
PC: Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew

(06-23-2019, 10:46 AM)cjgiannini Wrote: I think most of those items end up getting destroyed. Somehow, my uncle (or maybe my father - I can't remember) got a hold of one and gave it to me. How they got one, I have no idea.
I remember hearing somewhere that after a while, most major sports leagues stopped burning them, and started giving the printed in advance clothing to relief organizations, to be sent to "3rd world countries" to help clothe the poor.

I understand there is a TREMENDOUS fan base for the FOUR TIME CHAMPION BUFFALO BILLS!!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(06-23-2019, 09:31 PM)Addakin Wrote: No they are punch outs that can be put together to play a game. 1957 Swift Meats. I have the game board and all. It includes Hank Aaron and Frank Robinson ( Rookie)
Ohhhh, whoa. I must be thinking of something else. That's really neat.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Found this old pocket schedule in my grandparents attic about 30 years ago. A shame there were no Wagner cards with it.

[Image: 1908a.jpg]

[Image: 1908b.jpg]
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

(06-24-2019, 05:30 PM)newtmcknz Wrote: Found this old pocket schedule in my grandparents attic about 30 years ago. A shame there were no Wagner cards with it.

[Image: 1908a.jpg]

[Image: 1908b.jpg]

Oh man, that is a great piece! Thanks for sharing.

(06-23-2019, 09:00 AM)hempick Wrote: Okay, a kite is definitely not something I would think of as a sports collectible. I wonder who had the idea to produce a Greg Maddux kite. Heh.

I always wondered what happens to the shirts/hats/etc of teams that don't win. How did you manage to get one of those?
They actually donate the shirts and stuff to poverty stricken countries.

So I only collect baseball items, but ended up with exhibit 1 from a show...Phi Slama Jama signed basketball??

We're Astros fans, but somehow I have a Judge bobblehead...oh and the 2017 WS Coke bottle and piece of the bullpen bench!

Only to be topped by a bottle of dirt from Tal's Hill when they removed it...still not sure why I bought that...

Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

(06-25-2019, 12:10 AM)bzross Wrote: So I only collect baseball items, but ended up with exhibit 1 from a show...Phi Slama Jama signed basketball??

We're Astros fans, but somehow I have a Judge bobblehead...oh and the 2017 WS Coke bottle and piece of the bullpen bench!

Only to be topped by a bottle of dirt from Tal's Hill when they removed it...still not sure why I bought that...
MLB authenticated dirt! :-p

That Phi Slama Jama ball is really cool.

I'm totally jelly of that Judge bobblehead, btw.

(06-25-2019, 09:45 AM)hempick Wrote: MLB authenticated dirt! :-p
Gotta be worth a $1 in 20 years!
(06-25-2019, 09:45 AM)hempick Wrote: That Phi Slama Jama ball is really cool.
Thanks, Tristar gave out free auto tickets at their show a couple years back with the VIP package, of course had to buy Drexler and Olajuwon!
(06-25-2019, 09:45 AM)hempick Wrote: I'm totally jelly of that Judge bobblehead, btw.
Comes with a Yankees fidget spinner as well, 20 years time no one will remember what they were.

Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

Probably my Phil Rizzuto signed Meat Loaf album. He had a great story to go along with his IP auto which makes that unusual Yankee piece a little more special & personal. Also, in my display is probably my second most unusual piece ... a Yankee ukulele. I don't know why, but I got one !
IMG-1471
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.