`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still burns

Still burns
I dont even remember how many years ago it was but still chaps my A ive pined every now and then on forums but getting burnt on a trade is painful especially for the cards I got burnt for F K YOU SARGIEBOY

RE: Still burns
Ironically, you also have a MSF tag, so it's probably best for your own personal happiness to just move on at this point and enjoy collecting going forward.

Sorry you got burned, though ... I did as well once.

The cool thing was, the police department in the guy's town was able to get my card back for me.

Mostly because ... wait for it ... I had the guy's address, and he was trying to sell my card on eBay at the time.

When the officer called to tell me he had the card safely in his possession, I thanked him profusely, especially considering he had much better things to do.

He actually told me that break-ins, assaults, parole violations, etc. were a never-ending battle, so in a case like mine where he could actually help someone, he was glad to do it.

And when I told him I found it hard to believe someone would try to steal something when they know the other person has their name and address, he was like, well, when it comes to crime, some people just aren't that bright.

I am confused...you have been a member since 2018 and you have no trades in your profile. How did this happen?

(06-12-2019, 11:22 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am confused...you have been a member since 2018 and you have no trades in your profile. How did this happen?
He never said that it was on this site that he made a trade. Could have been elsewhere.

Ive been on Beckett for years formally KTraynor but was gone for awhile lost account couldnt remember password plus was so long never had email phone attached to it so hard to reclaim I havent done any trades since SHOOK thats reason for MSF if I do ever decide to trade again

(06-12-2019, 12:58 PM)Simpleton Wrote: He never said that it was on this site that he made a trade. Could have been elsewhere.
I knew it was on Beckett because I recognize the name of the trader he was upset with.

I also been burned on trades
2 times on this site but I also knew the risks I take when trading. those 2 are now banned from Beckett

Pretty good odds with how many trades I have
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-12-2019, 02:29 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I also been burned on trades
2 times on this site but I also knew the risks I take when trading. those 2 are now banned from Beckett

Pretty good odds with how many trades I have
That's great! I have 483 trades...not burned once, and only 1 trade that I left negative feedback for damaged corners on half of the cards.

I do hold grudges but know and believe there are still decent honest people in this sick world , open to all if you would like to trade if I have anything of interest please feel free to snoop everything no matter the rarity if you need it id love to help

(06-12-2019, 11:04 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ironically, you also have a MSF tag, so it's probably best for your own personal happiness to just move on at this point and enjoy collecting going forward.

Sorry you got burned, though ... I did as well once.

The cool thing was, the police department in the guy's town was able to get my card back for me.

Mostly because ... wait for it ... I had the guy's address, and he was trying to sell my card on eBay at the time.

When the officer called to tell me he had the card safely in his possession, I thanked him profusely, especially considering he had much better things to do.

He actually told me that break-ins, assaults, parole violations, etc. were a never-ending battle, so in a case like mine where he could actually help someone, he was glad to do it.

And when I told him I found it hard to believe someone would try to steal something when they know the other person has their name and address, he was like, well, when it comes to crime, some people just aren't that bright.
Hahaha, that's an awesome tale!
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!