`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Panini Prizm Prizms

2019 Panini Prizm Prizms
Whats the delay with the pricing on this set. Someone away on Holiday?

RE: 2019 Panini Prizm Prizms
I was expecting 3 to 4 weeks before pricing because it is a Panini product. Unfortunately, only Topps and Bowman get priced within 2 weeks.

Yes, a month or more for these multi-tiered parallel products. I am waiting for pricing to see want the tier 1,2,3 differences are..

I like the inserts though and I am a sucker for colored, serial #ed parallels..

The base cards are priced and it has been about 1 month since release. Hopefully, full pricing very soon..

(06-11-2019, 06:43 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: The base cards are priced and it has been about 1 month since release. Hopefully, full pricing very soon..
I just picked up a retail Mega box ($40) and saw hanger 3 packs for the first time at Target. I guess distribution may vary in parts of the country. I've yet to see regular blasters. Not sure of the MegaBox I got. Had some 'exclusive' pinks and I got an auto of Adalberto Mobdesi, a Zebra striped Barria /99 and a Red Mojo of Austin Dean /299. Not bad, not great, but at least I didn't get Panini points Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-11-2019, 07:30 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I just picked up a retail Mega box ($40) and saw hanger 3 packs for the first time at Target. I guess distribution may vary in parts of the country. I've yet to see regular blasters. Not sure of the MegaBox I got. Had some 'exclusive' pinks and I got an auto of Adalberto Mobdesi, a Zebra striped Barria /99 and a Red Mojo of Austin Dean /299. Not bad, not great, but at least I didn't get Panini points Smile
I've seen a bunch of the Painini so far - hangers, blasters, and megas. As always, I love the look of it, but that checklist is kind of a dog.

Now I could just find some Bowman megas. My buddy found a bunch at a Target 20 minutes south of me, bought 2 and landed the Franco autograph ... I have yet to see one.
Kepler

(06-11-2019, 12:43 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I've seen a bunch of the Painini so far - hangers, blasters, and megas. As always, I love the look of it, but that checklist is kind of a dog.
Nobody can predict what a player will or won't do on the field once given a chance to play. I am not assuming anything for the RC class of Panini Prizm.

Everybody, please keep me in mind for Zebra prizms!

(06-11-2019, 01:07 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Nobody can predict what a player will or won't do on the field once given a chance to play. I am not assuming anything for the RC class of Panini Prizm.

Everybody, please keep me in mind for Zebra prizms!
I'm less concerned about the low-level rookies than I am with the "legends." I think I've received a Wade Boggs in every box/hanger I've purchased so far.

Some people's gripes with Panini is the lack of team logos, mine is how they use the same retired players all of the time.

If they're going to use old guys, it'd be cool to see some that aren't as prevalent in the hobby.
Kepler

(06-12-2019, 11:14 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm less concerned about the low-level rookies than I am with the "legends." I think I've received a Wade Boggs in every box/hanger I've purchased so far.

Some people's gripes with Panini is the lack of team logos, mine is how they use the same retired players all of the time.

If they're going to use old guys, it'd be cool to see some that aren't as prevalent in the hobby.
I agree with this. Griffey, Ripken, Ryan, Mattingly, Boggs, Puckett and countless former Yankees show up in everything when there are multitudes of great veterans that could be included.

Even though I'm a Yankee fan and love having a lot in some of the product, I must agree they use the same players a lot. Every so often I would like to see players like Cepeda, Marichal, Bill White, Brooks Robinson, Nellie Fox, Luis Aparicio etc. I know we all could name a lot of others besides these I listed.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]