`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Panini Prizm Prizms

RE: 2019 Panini Prizm Prizms
I agree with all of you now can we have the set priced lmfao.

Looks like the colors and parallels and autos are not being priced this week either. Sigh.

I've got a stack of colors and autos from my hot box break. I haven't put them in my ORG yet. But I'd just use ebay sold values to figure out what they're worth and then go from there. If anyone needs any colors/autos (no base as I left them at the LCS like I always do), just let me know.

(06-13-2019, 09:33 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Looks like the colors and parallels and autos are not being priced this week either. Sigh.

(06-12-2019, 11:14 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm less concerned about the low-level rookies than I am with the "legends." I think I've received a Wade Boggs in every box/hanger I've purchased so far.
Some people's gripes with Panini is the lack of team logos, mine is how they use the same retired players all of the time.
If they're going to use old guys, it'd be cool to see some that aren't as prevalent in the hobby.
I'm just guessing, but I'm sure there are a few factors involved.
1) the root of all evil ..... money.
2) contractual obligations
3) dealing with estates

It cost them money every time they use a player's image and I'm sure MLBPA gets a piece of the action every time a new 'legend' is signed. So based on length of contracts they have already signed, I'm sure it's much cheaper for Panini to re-use someone already in a 3 year, 5 year or 10 year obligation. Once a player passes away, the card companies have to deal with the families / estates. I don't know if you remember the heirs of Ted Williams fighting over his remains, but families can be greedy bastiches and usually dealing with a committee of money grubbing slugs can be frustrating. Not that it's the same thing as baseball, but Casey Kasim, and more recently Tom Petty ... their families and estate owners are constantly at odds and fighting with each other over money they can make from their dead relative.
When a player is still alive he makes his own desicions and keeps it all. Much easier.

So, I totally understand wanting to see more obscure legends of baseball, but I can understand in part, why they don't show up as often. Even though Wade Boggs was a Yankee and a HOF'er, I am tired of seeing him all the time, too. But he's still alive, he's still a player from multiple teams and he qualifies as a legend of baseball. He checks a lot of boxes for Panini.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well, nothing yet. Base only priced and that was a while ago. I don't recall the Basketball version taking this long.

(06-18-2019, 08:32 AM)Simpleton Wrote: Well, nothing yet. Base only priced and that was a while ago. I don't recall the Basketball version taking this long.
Agreed. I am expecting and hoping it to be priced by tomorrow night. That will mark the 4-week timeline.

(06-04-2019, 08:34 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I was expecting 3 to 4 weeks before pricing because it is a Panini product. Unfortunately, only Topps and Bowman get priced within 2 weeks.
Not even Topps within 2 weeks!! Series 2 priced only a base medallion and patch card on the player I collect and there are 28 cards + all the Silver Chrome set....
Prizm Baseball have been out since late-May, I believe. ????

(06-19-2019, 04:19 PM)brettmanwa Wrote: Not even Topps within 2 weeks!! Series 2 priced only a base medallion and patch card on the player I collect and there are 28 cards + all the Silver Chrome set....
Prizm Baseball have been out since late-May, I believe. ????
Cards per pack: Hobby 12, Blaster 4, Fat Packs 15
Packs per box: Hobby 12, Blaster 6, Fat Packs 12
Boxes per case: Hobby 12
Set size: 300 cards
Release date: May 15, 2019

I am happy that my instinct was correct! Prizms are priced and will show up in our ORG very soon!

(06-20-2019, 07:09 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am happy that my instinct was correct! Prizms are priced and will show up in our ORG very soon!
Already priced. Now all we need is the Topps 2 and we're up to date lol.