`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama?

RE: Whats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama?
(06-07-2019, 07:47 AM)hempick Wrote: This is the thing that gets me, too.

I haven't had any personally pulled cards returned by BGS nor SGC with them stating that they were trimmed, but I do know of others who have.

Seems ridiculous.

I've never had anything graded by PSA, so I can't say anything specifically about them.
Seems like silence on here...and Beckett has not come out with a statement, like PSA and pwcc

RE: Wehats Your Guys Take on the Grading Company Drama?
(06-08-2019, 05:14 AM)alexramthun Wrote: Seems like silence on here...and Beckett has not come out with a statement, like PSA and pwcc
What's there for Beckett to say? Beckett is the competition and you don't kick an opponent when they're down. The facts will speak for themselves and Beckett will be the last man standing. Is that good or bad for the industry? Will PSA redeem themselves? Only time will tell. I believe that PSA should make retributions to all and anyone that was mislead on a purchase from PWCC. But that's not Beckett who should be suggesting this, a federal judge/mediator should be enforcing the law, arrest the ones that were doing shill bidding, trimming cards and turning a blind eye to that practice when it was time to certify / verify. It's a mess for certain, but a message board on a forum isn't the proper venue for official admonishment.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I get yes there have been some questionable things going on but in the scheme of things and the vast number of cards graded it's a very very very small amount.

I will still sell and buy mostly nothing but graded cards and if they don't sell then no big loss but I won't be taking a big loss because of 1 or 2 bad apples and people thinking this is their big chance to try and get stuff dirt cheap. Way to much risk in selling Raw as people will claim card wasn't as describe because of buyers remorse or the guy gets hurt or goes on a cold streak. Way less chance of that with graded as there is no way to dispute condition or what you are buying.

Also I have noticed the majority of hate is towards PSA who happens to be BGS's biggest competition. After all the issues BGS has had the last couple years taking up to a year to get orders processed. Is it to far to venture they have a dog in this fight and could have people behind the scenes fanning the flames?? Hmmmmm

(06-08-2019, 03:42 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I get yes there have been some questionable things going on but in the scheme of things and the vast number of cards graded it's a very very very small amount.
That's a good point. Is there any data on how many cards PSA, BGS, and/or SGC grade in any particular amount of time (a year, for example)?
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel