`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Topps Update

RE: 2019 Topps Update
Topps Update comes out so late in the year by then they will all have a ton of RCs out already just like Gleyber Torres, Acuna and Soto last year. Topps Archives, Gallery and High Number Heritage will all have RCs of the new crop before Update, not to mention other sets like Topps Fire and maybe Chrome too.

And they will slap the RC logo on everything ... inserts, checklists, etc.

(05-10-2019, 05:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And they will slap the RC logo on everything ... inserts, checklists, etc.
Lmao. I hope I get a checklist RC this year!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(05-10-2019, 06:46 PM)hempick Wrote: Lmao. I hope I get a checklist RC this year!
No, they actually do ... there is a Shohei card from 2018 Update where on the front it commemorates his 3-HR game, slapped with an RC logo on the front, and then on the back is a partial set checklist that has nothing to do with Shohei.

But those Joey Bart cards you pull from 2019 Bowman packs, where he's in his major league uni and there are actual stats and a bio on the back?

Prospect cards, actually considered inserts, not rookie cards.

No RC logo.

Makes sense to me!

(05-13-2019, 03:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No, they actually do ... there is a Shohei card from 2018 Update where on the front it commemorates his 3-HR game, slapped with an RC logo on the front, and then on the back is a partial set checklist that has nothing to do with Shohei.

But those Joey Bart cards you pull from 2019 Bowman packs, where he's in his major league uni and there are actual stats and a bio on the back?

Prospect cards, actually considered inserts, not rookie cards.

No RC logo.

Makes sense to me!
By the rules that MLB set up, you cannot put a RC logo and a card until after that player plays one game and you cannot put him in the regular set.

(05-15-2019, 10:39 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: By the rules that MLB set up, you cannot put a RC logo and a card until after that player plays one game and you cannot put him in the regular set.
LOL, but you can slap that logo on everything that isn't a rookie card - like a checklist, insert, etc.

And they put "RCs" in every set - Series 1, Series 2, Update - so not really sure what you're talking about.

The RC logo rules are beyond ridiculous ... if you don't think so, go ahead and collect your seventh-year RCs, LOL

(05-15-2019, 11:38 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: LOL, but you can slap that logo on everything that isn't a rookie card - like a checklist, insert, etc.

And they put "RCs" in every set - Series 1, Series 2, Update - so not really sure what you're talking about.

The RC logo rules are beyond ridiculous ... if you don't think so, go ahead and collect your seventh-year RCs, LOL
Problem is those Bowman uniforms are mostly photoshopped so not actually in a MLB uni.

But I agree the RC logo should only be on the base and maybe parallels.

(05-15-2019, 10:39 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: By the rules that MLB set up, you cannot put a RC logo and a card until after that player plays one game and you cannot put him in the regular set.
Regarding RC rules, does anyone know why some of the Topps NOW cards that show a player's major league debut have a RC logo, and some do not? i.e. Rowdy Tellez's 2018 Topps Now #693 reports, and shows him playing in his MLD after a callup, with a Call Up logo . . . and no RC logo (his 2019 Topps Now has a RC logo) . . . Vladimir Guerrero 2019 Topps Now #137 reports, and shows him playing in his MLD after a callup, with no Call Up logo . . . and has a RC logo . . . Cavan Biggio the same . . . I could go on . . . what is the RC rule regarding Topps NOW and RCs? Is there a print run limit?

(06-23-2019, 01:39 PM)KevinBanks Wrote: Regarding RC rules, does anyone know why some of the Topps NOW cards that show a player's major league debut have a RC logo, and some do not? i.e. Rowdy Tellez's 2018 Topps Now #693 reports, and shows him playing in his MLD after a callup, with a Call Up logo . . . and no RC logo (his 2019 Topps Now has a RC logo) . . . Vladimir Guerrero 2019 Topps Now #137 reports, and shows him playing in his MLD after a callup, with no Call Up logo . . . and has a RC logo . . . Cavan Biggio the same . . . I could go on . . . what is the RC rule regarding Topps NOW and RCs? Is there a print run limit?
There is a cut off date for RC logos for call ups for each years products. Usually sometime in June but no definite date(whatever Topps decides).

For example Kyle Schwarber's debut was June 16, 2015 and his RC logo cards were held for 2016. This Yordan Alvarez debut was June 9 but he is going to held for 2020 RC logo.

It probably depends on when Topps has there checklists set and start production on cards(I do not know how this works) but it most likely depends on what rookies they want for S1 next year.

I would be shocked if Alvarez didn't make it into Heritage High # or Update.