`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
USPS Package rates go up again

USPS Package rates go up again
So now the USPS Priority Package rate for packages under 13oz. has just gone up again from $3.50 to $4.06. Two years ago this was $2.50. I typically send under 10 cards in a trade and use a padded mailer and this is becoming untenable. Its cheaper to send those 10 cards in 5 PWEs with 2 toploaders per then to properly package it in a bubble mailer. Anybody got any thoughts on this?
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

RE: USPS Package rates go up again
(01-29-2019, 03:20 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: So now the USPS Priority Package rate for packages under 13oz. has just gone up again from $3.50 to $4.06. Two years ago this was $2.50. I typically send under 10 cards in a trade and use a padded mailer and this is becoming untenable. Its cheaper to send those 10 cards in 5 PWEs with 2 toploaders per then to properly package it in a bubble mailer. Anybody got any thoughts on this?
If you sign up for PayPal, they have shipping rates of $2.60 for 3-4 ounces with tracking, which is up to 10 cards in toploaders or 20 cards between cardboard. This is before the current hike but it won't go up much.

(01-29-2019, 04:26 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If you sign up for PayPal, they have shipping rates of $2.60 for 3-4 ounces with tracking, which is up to 10 cards in toploaders or 20 cards between cardboard. This is before the current hike but it won't go up much.
I already have Paypal, how would this work there is no money being exchanged?
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

It charges the account you tie to PayPal (credit card or bank account). It is called Multi-Order Shipping, found by clicking on Help and typing in Search Box. Treats it as a customer without any surcharge other than shipping cost. You also need to know the weight so I have a scale. Finally, make sure you select 2-5 Day Shipping. Good luck!

Yeah, using PayPal shipping is cheaper. I didn't know about this trick though!

Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you know what kinds of labels I need to get?

(01-30-2019, 07:38 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you know what kinds of labels I need to get?
It prints the proper format of a label on ordinary printing paper. Your name and address will also be on it once you set it up.

It's hard to find if you don't know where it is

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create

- First Class Mail
- Package/Thick Envelope

The easiest way to use Paypal for shipping and get their discount is to type this address into the bar instead of doing all the searches or site navigation:
www.paypal.com/shipnow
If you type it this way you will be automatically directed to enter the person's address to ship to. Super easy!
Paypal does offer cheaper shipping-cost me $2.96 (literally 30 seconds ago!) in shipping for up to 4 ounces and provides tracking automatically.
Side note, there is no difference between prices for anything between 2-4 ounces.
Hope this helps!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

(01-30-2019, 10:04 PM)footbal Wrote: Side note, there is no difference between prices for anything between 2-4 ounces.
Hope this helps!
With the new rates their is now. 2-4 ounces can range from 2.66 to 3.09 depending how far the package goes when using Paypal rate.