Beckett Message Boards
USPS Package rates go up again - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: USPS Package rates go up again (/thread-1613524.html)

USPS Package rates go up again - Jquinn83 - 01-29-2019

So now the USPS Priority Package rate for packages under 13oz. has just gone up again from $3.50 to $4.06. Two years ago this was $2.50. I typically send under 10 cards in a trade and use a padded mailer and this is becoming untenable. Its cheaper to send those 10 cards in 5 PWEs with 2 toploaders per then to properly package it in a bubble mailer. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - kerryandbeth - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 03:20 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: So now the USPS Priority Package rate for packages under 13oz. has just gone up again from $3.50 to $4.06. Two years ago this was $2.50. I typically send under 10 cards in a trade and use a padded mailer and this is becoming untenable. Its cheaper to send those 10 cards in 5 PWEs with 2 toploaders per then to properly package it in a bubble mailer. Anybody got any thoughts on this?
If you sign up for PayPal, they have shipping rates of $2.60 for 3-4 ounces with tracking, which is up to 10 cards in toploaders or 20 cards between cardboard. This is before the current hike but it won't go up much.

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - Jquinn83 - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 04:26 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If you sign up for PayPal, they have shipping rates of $2.60 for 3-4 ounces with tracking, which is up to 10 cards in toploaders or 20 cards between cardboard. This is before the current hike but it won't go up much.

I already have Paypal, how would this work there is no money being exchanged?

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - kerryandbeth - 01-29-2019

It charges the account you tie to PayPal (credit card or bank account). It is called Multi-Order Shipping, found by clicking on Help and typing in Search Box. Treats it as a customer without any surcharge other than shipping cost. You also need to know the weight so I have a scale. Finally, make sure you select 2-5 Day Shipping. Good luck!

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - savagenate - 01-30-2019

Yeah, using PayPal shipping is cheaper. I didn't know about this trick though!

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - Jquinn83 - 01-30-2019

Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you know what kinds of labels I need to get?

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - kerryandbeth - 01-30-2019

(01-30-2019, 07:38 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: Thanks I'm going to try it. Do you know what kinds of labels I need to get?
It prints the proper format of a label on ordinary printing paper. Your name and address will also be on it once you set it up.

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - gyoung - 01-30-2019

It's hard to find if you don't know where it is

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create

- First Class Mail
- Package/Thick Envelope

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - footbal - 01-30-2019

The easiest way to use Paypal for shipping and get their discount is to type this address into the bar instead of doing all the searches or site navigation:
www.paypal.com/shipnow
If you type it this way you will be automatically directed to enter the person's address to ship to. Super easy!
Paypal does offer cheaper shipping-cost me $2.96 (literally 30 seconds ago!) in shipping for up to 4 ounces and provides tracking automatically.
Side note, there is no difference between prices for anything between 2-4 ounces.
Hope this helps!

RE: USPS Package rates go up again - hckydv7 - 02-02-2019

(01-30-2019, 10:04 PM)footbal Wrote: Side note, there is no difference between prices for anything between 2-4 ounces.
Hope this helps!

With the new rates their is now. 2-4 ounces can range from 2.66 to 3.09 depending how far the package goes when using Paypal rate.