`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Game Era ballot for HOF

RE: Today's Game Era ballot for HOF
(12-13-2018, 11:49 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well, then, that seals it.

He absolutely 100 percent without a shred of a doubt was a huge steroid user.

I hope you never decide to become a judge!
Look at the #Metoo movement. Guilty until proven innocent, but then you're career and reputation are still trashed forever!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(12-13-2018, 12:58 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Look at the #Metoo movement. Guilty until proven innocent, but then you're career and reputation are still trashed forever!
Yes. Exactly my point. He says he was prescribed the stuff by a doctor to treat an injury toward the end of his career ... pretty far cry from actively roiding with Barry Bonds every day.

I'm not defending him nor excusing his use, just saying it's a stretch to lump him in with Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, etc.

Was delving further into the discussion of Harold Baines, and as far as I can tell, if he's a HOFer, then Steve Garvey, Al Oliver, Bill Buckner, and Cecil Cooper are too!
(12-13-2018, 01:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yes. Exactly my point. He says he was prescribed the stuff by a doctor to treat an injury toward the end of his career ... pretty far cry from actively roiding with Barry Bonds every day.

I'm not defending him nor excusing his use, just saying it's a stretch to lump him in with Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, etc.
If you're prescribed something by a licensed medical doctor then you should not be suspended by MLB. When McGwire was using Andro, it was perfectly legal and you could by it over the counter at most nutrition stores.

Guilt by association seems to be a principle of most HOF voters. I heard some writers state that they assumed Bagwell used steroids because he played with Ken Caminiti.

In some cased you can follow the bouncing ball like when Canseco got traded to the Rangers and Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, and Rafael Palmeiro took of..

Then Clemens and Canseco play in Toronto, then Shawn Green and Carlos Delgado "explode."

Make of it what you will...
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I would have been ok with Albert Belle making it. He was at least a legit star throughout his career. Just not a very well liked guy.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]