`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Game Era ballot for HOF

Today's Game Era ballot for HOF
The Today's Game Era ballot for inclusion into the Hall of Fame was revealed today. These are the ten names on the ballot to be voted on tonight.

Harold Baines
Albert Belle
Joe Carter
Will Clark
Orel Hershiser
Davey Johnson
Charlie Manuel
Lou Piniella
Lee Smith
George Steinbrenner

Johnson, Manuel and Pinella are on it for the managerial careers and Steinbrenner is on it basically just for being George.

I think Smith is most deserving of all of them but honestly don't think any of them are Hall of Famers. They were very good and some had very special seasons but I don't think their careers as a whole are Hallworthy. As a collector of Hall of Famers, I feel my collection is becoming quite watered down with nearly worthy players that are squeaking through on sentimental votes. What do you think? Should we let every good player into the Hall?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Today's Game Era ballot for HOF
I agree that all these guys should just be remembered as good.

There cannot be specific numbers achieved to be considered but it does seem that too many are targeted with HOFer potential.

I would love to see Baines get the nod
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(12-09-2018, 08:09 PM)elberson Wrote: I would love to see Baines get the nod
You got your wish! He may be the worst HOF selection ever!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25495...-hall-fame
Baines is the 6th best player on this ballot...Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(12-09-2018, 09:21 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: You got your wish! He may be the worst HOF selection ever!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25495...-hall-fame
Baines is the 6th best player on this ballot...Tongue
He absolutely is the worst.
Kepler

12 out of the 16 voters liked him too....... haha Smile
I like carter also, well minus the whole 93 World Series.....Sad
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I thought Trammell was a stretch last year but Baines on the ballot this year? Geez...guess you should start pulling your Lou Whitaker and Dale Murphy cards out soon Zeprock....

None of them are HOF worthy!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Lee Smith is hall worthy, but Harold Baines? He was good, I well respected his career, but not Hall Worthy.
George should be in the Hall. He was the most hands on owner and made the game more interesting for everyone.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-09-2018, 09:39 PM)david campos Wrote: I thought Trammell was a stretch last year but Baines on the ballot this year? Geez...guess you should start pulling your Lou Whitaker and Dale Murphy cards out soon Zeprock....
I've been saving Dale Murphy cards for a while to someday include in my Cooperstown collection, and started saving Lou Whitaker after Trammell and Morris induction last summer.

Don't sleep on Lance Parrish, Bill Freehan, or Rudy York. The Tigers have produced some great catchers!
Just looked through my organize and I have exactly two Harold Baines cards where he's not featured with another HOFer. For some reason I saved both his cards from the 1987 Fleer Glossy set!
Cecil Cooper and Al Oliver would be better selections than Baines, and yes, I'm saving both of their cards!

Bill Madlock won 4 batting titles...
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars