`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nolan5000 (N5K)

RE: Nolan5000 (N5K)
And he was always a gentleman about issues and collecting...we could use more of his type..good guy giving a bad break and yet never seemed to enter into his posts...

(08-06-2018, 03:26 AM)shivelycore Wrote: I remember him well, he was pretty active trader when I joined. Never had anything he wanted to trade with him though.
If it wasn't Nolan Ryan, he didn't need it. If it was Nolan Ryan and it wasn't a 9.5 BVG, he didn't want it. He was pretty simple to figure out, unlike the rest of us Smile Smile
(08-06-2018, 11:42 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: There was a thread a couple of years ago where members posted their pictures, but I assume most of the pictures are probably gone now (along with the members). Nolan had a couple of pictures posted...little kid with Nolan Ryan and then one after his surgery if I remember correctly.
You remember correctly, Joe. I'm sure most everything posted was from photobucket and therefore they're all gone unless paid for. Since N5K had passed before that, I'm sure all his photos have been removed from the boards.
(08-06-2018, 09:49 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: And he was always a gentleman about issues and collecting...we could use more of his type..good guy giving a bad break and yet never seemed to enter into his posts...
He was very religious and the few times he lost his composure was when someone used 'the lords name in vain'. Other than that and the aforementioned spelling error or context mistake and he was a pretty steady board member.
One time, We had a big 'dust up' over something that I don't specifically recall, but we got into a minor skirmish. We took it to PM and cleared everything up like gentlemen and were better friends from that point. We had a bunch of OT discussions (mostly medical) and he'd occasionally throw in a little Yankee jab just for fun.
His positive mental outlook was bolstered by his faith. He was thankful for his life and not bitter about his situation.
(08-06-2018, 08:18 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: The day after Verlander lost in the 9th inning what would have been his 3rd no hitter, he told me he was glad Verlander didn't get it because he didn't want him to catch Nolan Ryan, lol. I smile when I think about thatSmile
LOL
Classic!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

He was a quality chap and I always appreciated his wisdom over on the BGS section of the forums. Posts like these help keep his memory alive which helps lessen the loss.