`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
The Finest Maildays

RE: The Finest Maildays
Finished two sets here. 1999-00 Topps Finest Pro Bowl Jumbo Refractors and 1999 Topps Finest Future's Finest Refractors /100. Plus added a couple more 1996 Finest gold base.

Here's a fun quirk I discovered recently. 1999 Finest Leading Indicators inserts are the only cards from 1999 that had the finest protective peel printed at a 45 degree angle. I also found that most of the time the wording on the peel is printed right side up but I have found variants where the wording is upside down. A new excuse to add more to my collection!

Leading Indicators

Haha, as if you needed an excuse ;p

Sliding in some more Finest cards. The Pro Bowl/Super Bowl promo cards have always been fascinating to me. They are actually booklet cards that open up to show a wider horizontal picture of the player. They were only given out during the fan weeks at Honolulu and Pro Player Stadium in Miami. It also includes Kurt Warner and Stephen Davis who were not in the original set. I know Beckett considers this set as a 1999-00 year. However given that this set came out in January and February of 2000 I think it should still be considered a 1999 release. 2017 Panini Flawless for example came out in APRIL of 2018!!

I think that's the first plate I've seen you put up...do you not usually go for plates? Or is it because you focus more on the 90's?

I've got a search agent out there for finest printing plates. If I can get them for under $5 shipped, I'll jump on it. Otherwise I do have a long-term goal of getting complete sets for every single Topps Finest year. The 90s are still favorite though Smile

The Montgomery cards I got at an absolute steal, I can't IMAGINE why! The Testaverde is an excellent add for me as the short printed Prominent Figures so rarely come up at a reasonable price.

The Troy Polamalu closes the door on the only time I got ripped off on Beckett. I never got restitution from the trader but I was able to buy a copy from someone who had two at a decent price.

No idea why Ty would be so cheap...oh wait...lol. Nice adds though!

It's the luck of the Irish, cause I struck gold! I only need 10 more 1996 Finest gold cards to complete the set. 3 are common players, 2 are "common" HoFers, 4 heavy hitters (Marino, Favre, Sanders, Smith), and the 1 elusive checklist card.

Nice grab on the Reggie!

More Team Finest Refractors! Would love to find a Team Finest Gold Favre to complete that set... plus another one for my good buddy Nate Smile