`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A guide to refractors?

RE: A guide to refractors?
(10-06-2022, 02:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I continue to be amazed by how folks find threads that are 5+ years old.

In fact, technically, this thread is so old that Topps/Bowman is actually making football cards again - with refractors! - if you count the NIL-based 2022 Bowman U football set.
I think the poster who revived this post is a spammer - likely a bot

(10-06-2022, 05:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I think the poster who revived this post is a spammer - likely a bot
LOL, wouldn't it be great if all the hackers/spammers of the world used their tech knowledge and skills for something that actually helps people?

What a concept!

Ah, a quality thread from the Before Times. Back when pack molesting was the worst thing about retail and not..... y'know.

(10-15-2022, 08:54 PM)jplarson Wrote: Ah, a quality thread from the Before Times.  Back when pack molesting was the worst thing about retail and not..... y'know.
Pack Searching was in retrospect oh so quaint compared to fake cards being graded by supposedly professional graders and case breaks that even if they are not outright scams are essentially a way to separate fools from their money through the lure of a false bargain

(10-15-2022, 08:54 PM)jplarson Wrote: Ah, a quality thread from the Before Times.  Back when pack molesting was the worst thing about retail and not..... y'know.
Dee Baggins!!!

(10-13-2022, 12:29 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: LOL, wouldn't it be great if all the hackers/spammers of the world used their tech knowledge and skills for something that actually helps people?

What a concept!
the show Black Market had an episode about bots and made that exact point - one of the main bot programs was created by a teenager (like a 16 year old kid from Suburban Detriot) who was selling it for people to be able buy up things like sneakers to resell at the product - kid is an absolute genius but that is what he was using it for - the people behind the bot scam programming are actually very brilliant people but they decide to use that brilliance to get easy wealth (although I supposed that the 16 year old bot boy might well grow up to work in more legitimate pursuits that creating tools for the DBN to us).

(10-18-2022, 09:08 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: the show Black Market had an episode about bots and made that exact point - one of the main bot programs was created by a teenager (like a 16 year old kid from Suburban Detriot) who was selling it for people to be able buy up things like sneakers to resell at the product - kid is an absolute genius but that is what he was using it for - the people behind the bot scam programming are actually very brilliant people but they decide to use that brilliance to get easy wealth (although I supposed that the 16 year old bot boy might well grow up to work in more legitimate pursuits that creating tools for the DBN to us).
That's a great example ... the kid is so talented, what if he came up with some kind of food donation/pickup app for soup kitchens or something like that?

(Sort of a reverse Door Dash ... you let them know you have 12 cans of vegetables and three extra boxes of Bisquick or whatever, and they come get them for you and donate them on your behalf.)

But naaaaah, let's spend our time and energy helping doosh bags make a quick, sleazy buck and not contribute anything to society, like ... "working"