`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where are the older members at?

RE: Where are the older members at?
(06-27-2017, 09:14 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: How do you trade without knowing what value to start at? I get how every person is willing to "pay" a different price depending on their PC, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trading a brand new card without some measuring stick.
I trade and buy without the help of a price guide now ... most of the value comps you need are completed auctions on ebay ... yes some are high and some are low ... but like everything else there is an average middle ground to base your starting value at .... ebay comps seem to be the "price guide" for face book groups to base thier lines and sale value off of ... there are tons of other venues that dont charge for trading and coming up with a pretty accurate value based on rarity, current/ recent past sales as well as sales of similar players in similar products can be done with very little effort

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I have no reservations about paying for the OPG. I use it and if other's don't I don't usually trade with them. It's more like, every other person that sets up an account on here wants more than the card is worth. And they become complete jerks about it. What started as fun and friendly slowly evolved into scams and lies and bashing of good traders. I made a few friends on here. Most of them I chat with on a regular basis on FB.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(06-27-2017, 09:38 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I have no reservations about paying for the OPG. I use it and if other's don't I don't usually trade with them. It's more like, every other person that sets up an account on here wants more than the card is worth. And they become complete jerks about it. What started as fun and friendly slowly evolved into scams and lies and bashing of good traders. I made a few friends on here. Most of them I chat with on a regular basis on FB.
Anyone in particular?... lol ...

also just a side note ... 90% of the stuff I buy and trade for have no price guide listings anyway

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(06-27-2017, 09:50 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Anyone in particular?... lol ...

also just a side note ... 90% of the stuff I buy and trade for have no price guide listings anyway
This is what I was thinking...that high-end trades would most likely be completed without using OPG. That is why us set collectors do less complaining as we need it for the hobby.

(04-18-2017, 01:29 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: It's just not the same. Beckett got too money hungry with the org and OPGs
Ditto.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-26-2017, 11:29 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: For the price of 2 coffees a month, you can have an entire year subscription to pricing, trading, news, forums (to state more opinions) and the latest card info. Why do so many people think they should have it for free, or even cheap??!
If memory serves, the price of OPG has at least doubled since its inception. That would be acceptable if we saw additional features (or the existing features worked consistently) and those that paid for and relied upon OPG/trade were able to lobby for new, useful features as the hobby evolved... but that isn't the case.

Let's say the price of your coffee doubled over a number of years in order for the brewer of your hot beverage to subsidize a product you have no interest in--while the quality of the coffee stagnated--you would likely take your business elsewhere, wouldn't you?

Not only are there free alternatives for "trading, news, forums (to state more opinions) and the latest card info", they're often better. I happily donate to the alternatives as they provide a more valuable service and listen to their customers...er, users. Guess it's a matter of perspective, though.

(06-27-2017, 09:46 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: If memory serves, the price of OPG has at least doubled since its inception. That would be acceptable if we saw additional features (or the existing features worked consistently) and those that paid for and relied upon OPG/trade were able to lobby for new, useful features as the hobby evolved... but that isn't the case.

Let's say the price of your coffee doubled over a number of years in order for the brewer of your hot beverage to subsidize a product you have no interest in--while the quality of the coffee stagnated--you would likely take your business elsewhere, wouldn't you?

Not only are there free alternatives for "trading, news, forums (to state more opinions) and the latest card info", they're often better. I happily donate to the alternatives as they provide a more valuable service and listen to their customers...er, users. Guess it's a matter of perspective, though.
Bingo! This is not an instance of supply and demand - in fact, as demand falls, the price is rising, seemingly to compensate for lost revenue, making the product even less desirable... a viscous cycle for an antiquated product.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

If anyone wants to add me to a Facebook group thats reputable, I'd appreciate it! Message me for my full name, or with the name of the group please! My Packers group has turned to almost exclusively high end and memorabilia. I can't afford high end, and I'm not into memorabilia lol. Plus Burfict is from Cincy...

(06-27-2017, 09:46 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: If memory serves, the price of OPG has at least doubled since its inception. That would be acceptable if we saw additional features (or the existing features worked consistently) and those that paid for and relied upon OPG/trade were able to lobby for new, useful features as the hobby evolved... but that isn't the case.

(06-28-2017, 11:54 AM)c squared Wrote: Bingo! This is not an instance of supply and demand - in fact, as demand falls, the price is rising, seemingly to compensate for lost revenue, making the product even less desirable... a viscous cycle for an antiquated product.
Agreed. Keep in mind the organizations that actually run Beckett:

Eil Global
Entrust Global Group LLC

This isn't a company with hobbyists as part of their vision.

I did start a beckett in exile group of Facebook with a guy or two from here, I just haven't had time to keep up with it. But we could grow it if you want to send me names. Maybe do a top 10 list of cards for each member and see if we can help each other out. Just an idea.