`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where are the older members at?

RE: Where are the older members at?
(04-18-2017, 01:29 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: I was here for the old days. Stillpop in every once in a blue moon to ask questions etc...

It's just not the same. Beckett got too money hungry with the org and OPGs

I remember my first Trade on here. A Steven Jackson Absolute Auto for a David Carr Sweet Spot Auto. Ahhh, the good ole days. That was 13-14 years ago!
Totally agree with the money hungry part, Facebook became a better alternative to all the headaches here....
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Facebook is the place to be. Real time chats, more activity, etc. This site was given every opportunity to get it together and they just couldn't do it. Now they charge for every little thing, as has been mentioned, when the functions aren't consistent enough. Same old stuff, different day here at Beckett. It's a shame, this was a fun place to post and chat.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, but I still check back in every once in a while. I think all the people scamming ended up driving quite a few away as well. I know I was using this site for trading a lot and then kind of backed off when I saw all these shady things going down...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Yes I remember the good old days when this forum was so busy with post and trades it was hard to keep up. I remember spending hours on this forum day after day after day. I've been gone for a while and see a lot has changed here. Like for example, what is that warning level percent on the top right of my post? It says 0% but what warnings are they talking about? I'm clueless. LoL.
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

Just saw this thead and I'm hurt baker, as a fellow Dolphins fan thought you'd remember me but nooooooo :'(

(04-30-2017, 03:51 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: This site was given every opportunity to get it together and they just couldn't do it. Now they charge for every little thing, as has been mentioned, when the functions aren't consistent enough. Same old stuff, different day here at Beckett. It's a shame, this was a fun place to post and chat.
My sentiments exactly.

Yeah, I'm still here...but, just for the OPG. For all of the reasons mentioned and more. FB has been great and nearly all my Beckett friends are there. It's almost like this used to be...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I am not a Beckett employee, nor a stockholder, nor a spy...but I just don't get all the bashing that takes place on this website. I guess social media makes everyone's frustrations in life come out or something...

For the price of 2 coffees a month, you can have an entire year subscription to pricing, trading, news, forums (to state more opinions) and the latest card info. Why do so many people think they should have it for free, or even cheap??!

So, you go to the LCS, drop a $100 on a box of cards, open crap, and then complain that you got ripped off, only to do it again next month. That could have paid for an entire year of Beckett online.

Oh, well, as long as we are human (yes, I am not a robot) we will find something to gripe about...which reminds me: Why are veteran collectors leaving this site for Facebook? Since when does Facebook price cards on the open market??

(06-26-2017, 11:29 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: For the price of 2 coffees a month, .... trading,
For me at least ... it comes down to the two words in bold, I dont think you should be charged for trading .... The other stuff ie: sub, pricing etc, I have no issue with the price .... just a matter of principle

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(06-27-2017, 09:05 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: For me at least ... it comes down to the two words in bold, I dont think you should be charged for trading .... The other stuff ie: sub, pricing etc, I have no issue with the price .... just a matter of principle
How do you trade without knowing what value to start at? I get how every person is willing to "pay" a different price depending on their PC, but I wouldn't feel comfortable trading a brand new card without some measuring stick.