`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: How should one wait before mailing cards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-3 days
76.67%
23 76.67%
4-6 Days
20.00%
6 20.00%
1 week +
3.33%
1 3.33%
Until I receive my cards first.
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question for the group

RE: Question for the group
Yeah, I try to go on my lunch break if I can but if not, I go Saturdays. But I usually do not take more than a day ir two to mail my cards out. I have no problem waiting if I get updates. I understand things happen. It's when I hear nothing that aggravates me.

As alluded to in a previous post, the right number is the one agreed to.

Whether it's selling or trading and regardless of site, shipping time should be communicated and agreed to at the beginning.

The only time I am laxed on when I ship is when I'm sending out free cards.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Usually I'm told when the cards will be shipped an am provided a tracking number shortly thereafter.

I do my best to get those out 1-3 days
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

1-3 is normal, but sometimes 4-6 happens, long weekends, work, family, etc. Communication is the key as already stated.

Scott

50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Thank you for all the feedback guys! I've generally had good experiences with trading on this site.

PM sent.

Generally for me I get out in 3 or 4 days. If it is going to take longer I send message. This is just a hobby for me and the out of time I have to spend on it varies greatly week to week. Communication is the key.

Agreed!

Jeez, maybe I'm odd man out here, but seriously, it can take me a week just to find a card, especially if it was something I listed 5 years ago. I usually don't accept a trade until I have my card in hand. Once it is, and it's accepted, I try to get it out within a week and I make certain to warn trading partners well in advance that I'm usually very slow. But yeah, totally think that communication helps to alliviate "trade-partner-anxiety"
Playing devil's advocate here, but there are snowstorms and horrible weather throughout the country on any given day, where lines of normal communication may be interrupted and emergencies can happen. Heck, one year we had a hurricane that knocked out my power for over 14 days. No TV, no internet, no telephone and cell phone towers were knocked out.
People give birth, people get sick and unfortunately people die and in light of any natural disaster or personal tragedy, baseball card trades are not a priority during those life events. Most folks here are honest, otherwise they'd have been chastised way before ... so my advice, let cool heads prevail, give the trade partner a chance and I'm sure there's a logical and reasonable explanation for any delay and your tiny cardboard pictures of overpaid sports professionals with or without little swatches of their wardrobe and or little samples of their equipment will show up and give you moments of brief joy.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.