`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: How should one wait before mailing cards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1-3 days
76.67%
23 76.67%
4-6 Days
20.00%
6 20.00%
1 week +
3.33%
1 3.33%
Until I receive my cards first.
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question for the group

Question for the group
What's the average time it takes for someone to send their cards after a trade has been accepted? I've noticed it generally takes 3-4 days. Is that about right? I'm just trying to gauge trade etiquette. I usually mail the cards within a day or two. Cards should be mailed at least within the week right? Thoughts?

RE: Question for the group
I say 4-6 days here is why. Trade completed on Friday- Saturday, Sunday PO closed, Monday could be a Holiday. Even though I work 24 hours a day it may take me another day or 2 to send the cards it depends on where I am at and if the area has a Post office but no way should take longer than a week unless like an emergency happens and all your trade partners Know you have an emergency and keep in contact with with them at least every other day
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Communication is the key. If I don't hear anything, I expect my package to be in the mail within 3 days after trade is accepted. I can wait two weeks if the other let's me know in advance.

I try my best to have them out in 1-3 days, but that's because my trades are generally pretty small (20 cards or less) and I have very little going on outside of work.

As others mentioned above it's all about communication - if I know it's going to take a bit longer or if it's someone I already have a relationship with, I don't worry much about it.
Kepler

(02-18-2017, 10:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Communication is the key. If I don't hear anything, I expect my package to be in the mail within 3 days after trade is accepted. I can wait two weeks if the other let's me know in advance.
Agree.

I'm curious because I made a trade that was accepted almost ten days ago. This person had made over 900 trades and has a 4.99 feedback score. But I have t gotten any communication at all from this trader. I see the cards I sent were already delivered as well. I've sent a couple of messages and nothing..

I try to get them out the next day. If it's on Friday when deal is finalized it will usually be Monday. The only other time may be if it is a very large trade which may take couple of days to pull all the cards and then I communicate with other trader.

I usually don't trade with anyone with low feedback so I'm not concerned about being the first to send cards.. it's just that this trade I am waiting for was a pretty high dollar trade..

(02-18-2017, 11:33 PM)chaparoni Wrote: I usually don't trade with anyone with low feedback so I'm not concerned about being the first to send cards.. it's just that this trade I am waiting for was a pretty high dollar trade..
In December another trader asked me what I would do about a delayed response from another trader with a high score and many trades under his belt. He had not heard anything and had sent an expensive card. After a few weeks it worked out but he was already irritated with the wait.
Sometimes it just happens...vacation, forgetfulness, accidents, job change, etc. You can justify poor feedback once the trade is completed. Good luck!

I've always tried to get my cards sent out within a day or two but my current job is 8am - 5pm which is also the same hours as the post office and I can't get there during the hours they are open so now I have to mail on Saturdays. I usually let my trading partner know if it's more than a couple days delay and almost always give them the tracking number.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html