`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast
Hi, I can't find the answer to this anywhere so I thought I would ask here in case someone knows.

From the 1992 Pro Set Beauty and the Beast:
#53 An Enchanted Dance

I have two versions of this card. Both are the same on the full-image side but they are different on the text/numbered side. The font is different and the image is different.

I want to know if one of them is a misprint and could be worth something.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Beauty and the Beast
Hi,

From what I've found, the card pictured on the right with just Belle and the smaller text is a promo card. Beckett has 5 promos listed but I assume none are them are this one. An old Non-Sports Update magazine lists 5 promos as $2.00 each but separately lists Promo (#53 diff back design) for $3.00.

The regular card that is part of the base set is shown in The Trading Card Database here. So from that I assume the one with just Belle pictured is the promo.

Thank you for the quick response. Could you have the promo card identification reversed? What I mean is that the entire set of B&TB cards that I have all have consistently smaller print;the outlier is the #53 with the larger font. Thank you. I appreciate the help.

(10-08-2016, 09:09 PM)cuchulainem Wrote: Thank you for the quick response. Could you have the promo card identification reversed? What I mean is that the entire set of B&TB cards that I have all have consistently smaller print;the outlier is the #53 with the larger font. Thank you. I appreciate the help.
Yes, I think you're right. I went back to the Trading Card database photos and the other cards do look like they have the smaller font. Beckett actually has a picture of #53 as well with the smaller font. Also, Jeff Allender's checklist lists the promo and says that the picture on the back is Belle and Beast. So the Trading Card database picture must be incorrectly showing the promo instead of the regular #53 card. Too bad I didn't check the others first.

There was also a factory set produced as well but I couldn't see any images in a quick search online. I collect a lot of non-sports card sets but unfortunately I don't have this one.

Thank you! I appreciate the help. That B&TB one has always intrigued me because I thought it might be a misprint but I never looked for info on it before.

We are having a yard sale this weekend and I was contemplating selling all my non-sports trading cards. I guess I'll hold off and see if I can find an online market for them. There isn't a market in my area. Maybe I'll order me one of the price guides from here to help me figure out what they are worth. I don't have tons of cards but I do have one 3-ring binder full (about 30 or so sheets).

Thanks again for the help!

(10-10-2016, 02:05 PM)leafsguy1264 Wrote: Yes, I think you're right. I went back to the Trading Card database photos and the other cards do look like they have the smaller font. Beckett actually has a picture of #53 as well with the smaller font. Also, Jeff Allender's checklist lists the promo and says that the picture on the back is Belle and Beast. So the Trading Card database picture must be incorrectly showing the promo instead of the regular #53 card. Too bad I didn't check the others first.

There was also a factory set produced as well but I couldn't see any images in a quick search online. I collect a lot of non-sports card sets but unfortunately I don't have this one.

(10-11-2016, 10:09 PM)cuchulainem Wrote: Thank you! I appreciate the help. That B&TB one has always intrigued me because I thought it might be a misprint but I never looked for info on it before.

We are having a yard sale this weekend and I was contemplating selling all my non-sports trading cards. I guess I'll hold off and see if I can find an online market for them. There isn't a market in my area. Maybe I'll order me one of the price guides from here to help me figure out what they are worth. I don't have tons of cards but I do have one 3-ring binder full (about 30 or so sheets).

Thanks again for the help!
You're welcome! Good luck with the sale.