`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manziel

RE: Manziel
I actually thought he would be a decent pro, but what troubles me worse than lack of production is the off the field stuff, especially with the * alleged * assault of the girlfriend, bad enough that she lost hearing in one ear.

Tons of guys have become good players when they get the right coach/system, but it's his actions as a person that make me think he won't pan out.

I shelled out $75 for a Press Pass auto when they first came out - thinking his signature would simplify and wouldn't look as cool as more products came out - but other than that everything was pack-pulled.

I have a Heisman auto/mem PC, so I don't feel that badly burned, but wouldn't have bothered if I knew this was going to happen.

The lame part is, even if he goes to another team and figures it out, all of his RCs will show him in a different uniform, and interest in their original cards almost always lessens when these guys change teams.

(02-07-2016, 11:05 AM)savagenate Wrote: Said the reason Favre grew into the player he was, was because he got shipped off to podunkville where there was no trouble for him to get into. Nor sure if there's spot that fits that mold today.
In case you haven't been there lately, Green Bay hasn't changed. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, to do in that booming metropolis of 100,000 other than drink beer and old fashioneds and talk about guns and the Packers. The weird thing is, people like that. I think it would be hilarious if Ashwaubenon took back the land Green Bay annexed from them so they could say the Green Bay Packers were actually from Green Bay and not that 17,000 person town.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-18-2016, 04:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: thinking his signature would simplify and wouldn't look as cool as more products came out
I've started to notice that too for other players and I try to pick up a "before they signed 10,000 stickers" signature of the guys I PC.

(02-06-2016, 08:32 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I saw on ESPN Deion said that IF anyone can save Johnny Football, it's JJ (Jerry Jones). Red Ball (that's what us Cowboys Fans here in BIG D call Jason Garrett) talked JJ out of Johnny Football once, hopefully he can do it again!!
Interesting - Jones is the new Al Davis as far as picking up talent - with character issues. It has worked out about 50% of the time. Keep in mind Deion and Jerry are pretty close- Johnny being a Texas guy - that would be where he should be - I kind of like the idea - makes things interesting.

What Jones has been doing with these character risk guys though is something you should maybe question - wife-girlfriend beaters are not something a lot of people want to have their kids admire - even if they shouldn't hold up athletes as roll models - reality is, yes many do.
(02-10-2016, 09:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: I told everyone before he was drafted thst he was Ryan leaf 2.0. Good lord I was right
I don't see that as a very good comparison - just the character stuff, and there were different character issues. Some teams had Leaf going ahead of Manning at #1 overall. He had size, cannon arm, but just a little time with big success. Manziel was a questionable 1st rounder, was small, decent - not cannon-level arm, etc,

Both were very immature = that is spot on.

One it comes to the leader of your team - QB, it is hugely important to have a mature and football intelligent person manning (no pun intended) the position.
(02-18-2016, 06:45 PM)jonathani Wrote: In case you haven't been there lately, Green Bay hasn't changed. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, to do in that booming metropolis of 100,000 other than drink beer and old fashioneds and talk about guns and the Packers. The weird thing is, people like that. I think it would be hilarious if Ashwaubenon took back the land Green Bay annexed from them so they could say the Green Bay Packers were actually from Green Bay and not that 17,000 person town.
GB has changed, but it is always going to be a "Chedville" - and ya, people there like it on the whole - not a ton of crime, and life a little simpler than the big city. It's not for everyone, and was considered the Siberia of the NFL especially to black players. With all that success the situation has improved and has become a hotter destination for players then say the Bears, Vikes, or Lions.

(02-19-2016, 03:48 PM)jplarson Wrote: I've started to notice that too for other players and I try to pick up a "before they signed 10,000 stickers" signature of the guys I PC.
Press Pass is/was always good for that ... the designs are rather blah, but you usually got nice, full on-card autos.

As a USC grad and fan I always liked their stuff.

I pulled this guy in my first box of 2013 product (at a Target, no less):

[Image: MattyTrojanAuto_zps37378aa5.jpg]

His NFL career hasn't panned out but he was a fantastic college player, and it's still one of my favorite cards in my collection.