`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manziel

Manziel
Obviously I know he had talent as a college player, but being in Illinois I really didn't follow him or that conference, etc. Was he that much of a loose cannon during his college career? I always thought his antics on field were of poor taste at times, but man what is this guy's deal?? He could have had an amazing NFL career, but he's on a declining path. He obviously thinks he's invincible or something and is living in reckless abandon. Someone needs to knock some sense into that guy and show him how good he could really have it if he would just straighten up.

RE: Manziel
I never bought the Manziel hype - He played in a shotgun - "system Offense" that he thrived in at college. He had some great receivers and some 1st round talent on the OL. When they did play him under Center he struggled. Physically he just didn't look like he would measure up at the next level - 6' (hard to see over defense)-ran 4.68/40 (good not great) -- that said, Wilson had similar physicality - although broad shouldered and clearly more athletic. The big difference between him and someone like Wilson is the level of maturity.

He was a prima-donna in college, and that got worse after he won the Heisman. Was known to be a party guy and that was a risk. It just took one team to overlook all that stuff and buy into the hype = some thought he could be the next Fran Tarkenton. - Mike Mayock thought he was a once in a generation QB in the Tarkenton mold.

I am sure some people on here got burnt on his cards.

He's a trust fund kid, football is irrelevant to him. Football only elevated the parties and drugs he had access to.

(02-05-2016, 04:09 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: He's a trust fund kid, football is irrelevant to him. Football only elevated the parties and drugs he had access to.
I heard that too- he came from a very wealthy family or something like that. The thing is he had some real talent, but got the idea that being a playboy was cool - I made the same kinds of mistakes so I can't be too hard on him.

He still has a shot - if he gets the right people and attitude. He needs to be studying under a great QB Coach and QB for two years - maybe Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger, or somewhere like that - don't know anyone will touch him right now. In GB they have someone -not sure the other situations. He needs a strong role model at the next level - being humbled by what has happened - maybe??

I would be dumping the crap out of his cards because you will have some people think he will turn it around fast - NOT going to happen - soon they will sell pennies on a dollar.

(02-06-2016, 05:02 AM)hemipowered Wrote: I heard that too- he came from a very wealthy family or something like that. The thing is he had some real talent, but got the idea that being a playboy was cool - I made the same kinds of mistakes so I can't be too hard on him.

He still has a shot - if he gets the right people and attitude. He needs to be studying under a great QB Coach and QB for two years - maybe brady, rodgers, brees, rothlisberger, or somewhere like that - don't know anyone will touch him right now. In GB they have someone -not sure the other situations. He needs a strong role model at the next level - being humbled by what has happened - maybe??
I saw on ESPN Deion said that IF anyone can save Johnny Football, it's JJ (Jerry Jones). Red Ball (that's what us Cowboys Fans here in BIG D call Jason Garrett) talked JJ out of Johnny Football once, hopefully he can do it again!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Did any one ever think this kid was actually not going to end up screwing everything up? When I came across one of his cards I couldn't get rid of them fast enough for my taste, and someone always wanted them. I never knew why, but Beckett told them they were worth a lot, even though they weren't. Some people believe this company. Go Beckett!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I saw cards that went for thousands selling for a couple hundred recently. Cards that were hundreds are down to $25...that's the trouble of prospecting. I can't believe there were people who didn't see how much trouble this kid would be. In college, he was fast enough, and agile enough, to get away from the college guys. He made his living by tossing the ball up to Mike Evans and their other big guys. He seldom seemed to make a good throw, it ended up being a good throw because a good receiver was there to bail him out. He was always throwing fits on the sidelines when I saw him. Jerry Jones, or maybe Jeff Fisher may be the only 2 willing to take him on. Jones will continue to ruin him as Jones has a horrible rep as well. Fisher has had success working with "troubled" players, but is it worth the toxic atmosphere Manziel bring with him? Someone likened him to Favre when Favre was in Atlanta. Said the reason Favre grew into the player he was, was because he got shipped off to podunkville where there was no trouble for him to get into. Nor sure if there's spot that fits that mold today.

I told everyone before he was drafted thst he was Ryan leaf 2.0. Good lord I was right

(02-10-2016, 09:59 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Ryan leaf 2.0.
Ol' Jamarcus Russell takes exception to that

(02-06-2016, 08:32 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I saw on ESPN Deion said that IF anyone can save Johnny Football, it's JJ (Jerry Jones). Red Ball (that's what us Cowboys Fans here in BIG D call Jason Garrett) talked JJ out of Johnny Football once, hopefully he can do it again!!
Nothing would be better if he ends up in Dallas then he can have his posse attend all the home games and he won't have to fly anywhere to get his party on.....Gig Em
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]