`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2016 New Years Resolutions...

RE: 2016 New Years Resolutions...
(12-22-2016, 01:18 AM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: My goal for this year was to hit 50% of all non-1/1 Edge... just got there today!

[Image: 6fd16k92x450.png]
I was actually going to try and bring this thread back to life a bit as we got close...glad to see you got yours complete there! Smile

(12-22-2016, 08:49 AM)jplarson Wrote: Congrats! Do you have a sampling of Edge cards you could show off? He was one of my favorite running backs when I was younger and I rocked one of his jerseys in high school.
Thanks man! It's been a couple of months since I updated, but there's a good mix of everything here: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1573319.html

(12-22-2016, 11:59 AM)savagenate Wrote: I was actually going to try and bring this thread back to life a bit as we got close...glad to see you got yours complete there! Smile
Right on... great minds 'n all. Thanks, Nate! With a week to spare, cut it close, haha.

How're you two doin' on your 2016 goals?

(01-09-2016, 09:08 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: My goal is to finish the Defensive G.O.A.T auto collection.

Five cards left:

Reggie White
Ray Lewis
Alan Page
Charles Woodson
Rod Woodson - have an auto but need an upgrade

And sell the rest.
Was able to get everything except the Reggie White auto
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Who the heck is Finish Lynch???

(01-01-2016, 06:21 PM)savagenate Wrote: So, last year came and went...and some seemed to like the thread, so let's try again! Smile
This year, I would love to add:

Brett Favre Packer auto
Andrew Luck 2012 Topps Chrome refractor
Russell Wilson 2012 Topps Chrome refractor
Finish Lynch 2013 and 2014 Chrome rainbows
Add up through XXV SB MVPs

How about you guys?
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(12-22-2016, 11:11 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Thanks man! It's been a couple of months since I updated, but there's a good mix of everything here: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1573319.html

Right on... great minds 'n all. Thanks, Nate! With a week to spare, cut it close, haha.

How're you two doin' on your 2016 goals?
Last minute, not usually me, but it is this year :p lol. I both exceeded and fell short of my goals...if that makes sense... I'm going to grab scans over the next few days and update where I'm at.

(12-23-2016, 08:11 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Was able to get everything except the Reggie White auto
That's pretty impressive!

(12-23-2016, 10:42 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Who the heck is Finish Lynch???
Marshawn Lynch's northern cousin from Finland!! :p I should've used proper grammar, which would've been "To finish the Lynch Rainbows" lol.

So I really struggled meeting my goals lol. I did some work on the 2013 Lynch rainbow, and am down to just needing the red. I've seen one, and missed it. 2014 I barely touched.

Funny thing on the Favre autos...I ended up getting 2! I had the 1991 auto, and a 2001 auto, but ended up having to sell both for medical expenses. Had to give up something, and decided those were expendable lol. The two autos I would like to snare at some point are the 2015 museum SB auto, and an Upper Deck MVP auto. Will have to save for those someday.

I ignored Luck and Wilson this year. Just too many other needs came up...not a bad thing Smile

I didn't get close to to SB XXV, but I had some cool pickups! In case you haven't seen them, here's scans. They are also in my MVP thread.
[Image: i0264589.jpeg]
[Image: wwi1i422.jpeg]
[Image: maht7k16.jpg]
[Image: u9r2vv4g.jpg]
[Image: 7669anf7.jpg]
[Image: 524nv1nt.jpeg]
[Image: 939z2c21.jpeg]
[Image: 2rr81x2q.jpeg]

Feel free to show off your successes! We'll have to start another page in a few days for the new year Smile

(12-23-2016, 08:11 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Was able to get everything except the Reggie White auto
Nice! Congrats on the additions!

(12-23-2016, 10:42 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Who the heck is Finish Lynch???
Hahaha!

(12-26-2016, 12:50 PM)savagenate Wrote: So I really struggled meeting my goals lol. I did some work on the 2013 Lynch rainbow, and am down to just needing the red. I've seen one, and missed it. 2014 I barely touched.

Funny thing on the Favre autos...I ended up getting 2! I had the 1991 auto, and a 2001 auto, but ended up having to sell both for medical expenses. Had to give up something, and decided those were expendable lol. The two autos I would like to snare at some point are the 2015 museum SB auto, and an Upper Deck MVP auto. Will have to save for those someday.

I ignored Luck and Wilson this year. Just too many other needs came up...not a bad thing Smile

I didn't get close to to SB XXV, but I had some cool pickups! In case you haven't seen them, here's scans. They are also in my MVP thread.

Feel free to show off your successes! We'll have to start another page in a few days for the new year Smile

Awesome, man, congrats on the adds! Sorry to hear about the Favres having to be released back into the wild. Sounds like you did some good work across the board, though.

So Nate! Even though I haven't been on here in forever (I think since you began this thread), you know I had to come back for the update and to get in on the 2017 New Year thread. I'll jump over there next.

But first, the updates. From 2016...

1) I would like to move the Alstott PC to 85% completion. Last year I was able obtain 25% of his cards but I am now down to the final 15%--the nitty gritty--so 10% is probably realistic.
Success! I am at about 90% completion, I believe.

2) I still want to finish those auto sets and quad sets. Here's what I am working on:

AUTOS
1997 Press Pass autos--9 to go MAJOR FAIL!! Still 9 to go
1997 Mirror Image--1 to go!! FAIL--Still 1 to go
1998 Player's Ink Green--2 to go Fail--Still 2 to go, but they never popped up
1998 Player's Ink Silver--15 to go Small victory--down to 6 to go
1999 Donruss Preferred Signatures--4 to go Success--set complete
1999 Inkredible--2 to go (Walter Payton has an on card auto in this set, sooooo...yeah. It my be a while before this one is done.) BIG VICTORY--I landed the Walter Payton auto, but that stinkin' Ricky Williams just never pops up!!
2000 Finest Moments--10 to go Some movement--down to 7 to go--picked up the Franco Harris, John Elway and Isaac Bruce
2001 UD Game Gear autos--3 to go, but I honestly do not believe these three exist so it is likely that this set is already complete. Fail--but again, I do not believe the last three were ever issued.

QUADS
1999 Absolute Team Threads--10 to go Movement--only 3 to go
1999 Momentum Rookies--2 to go Movement--only 1 to go
2000 Tag Team--14 to go (these are proving difficult to find) Pfft--still 12 to go
2000 Contenders ULTIMATE Quads--8 to go (this set is a beast!) Slight movement--still 7 to go--I landed the Bucs/Vikings quad, #'d to 44

3) Complete 80% of the NFL leading rusher set...so another 25%. Fail. I dumped this project at about 60% completion. Made some nice additions to my HOF auto PC, though.

"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

(04-14-2017, 05:34 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: So Nate! Even though I haven't been on here in forever (I think since you began this thread), you know I had to come back for the update and to get in on the 2017 New Year thread. I'll jump over there next.

But first, the updates. From 2016...

1) I would like to move the Alstott PC to 85% completion. Last year I was able obtain 25% of his cards but I am now down to the final 15%--the nitty gritty--so 10% is probably realistic.
Success! I am at about 90% completion, I believe.

2) I still want to finish those auto sets and quad sets. Here's what I am working on:

AUTOS
1997 Press Pass autos--9 to go MAJOR FAIL!! Still 9 to go
1997 Mirror Image--1 to go!! FAIL--Still 1 to go
1998 Player's Ink Green--2 to go Fail--Still 2 to go, but they never popped up
1998 Player's Ink Silver--15 to go Small victory--down to 6 to go
1999 Donruss Preferred Signatures--4 to go Success--set complete
1999 Inkredible--2 to go (Walter Payton has an on card auto in this set, sooooo...yeah. It my be a while before this one is done.) BIG VICTORY--I landed the Walter Payton auto, but that stinkin' Ricky Williams just never pops up!!
2000 Finest Moments--10 to go Some movement--down to 7 to go--picked up the Franco Harris, John Elway and Isaac Bruce
2001 UD Game Gear autos--3 to go, but I honestly do not believe these three exist so it is likely that this set is already complete. Fail--but again, I do not believe the last three were ever issued.

QUADS
1999 Absolute Team Threads--10 to go Movement--only 3 to go
1999 Momentum Rookies--2 to go Movement--only 1 to go
2000 Tag Team--14 to go (these are proving difficult to find) Pfft--still 12 to go
2000 Contenders ULTIMATE Quads--8 to go (this set is a beast!) Slight movement--still 7 to go--I landed the Bucs/Vikings quad, #'d to 44

3) Complete 80% of the NFL leading rusher set...so another 25%. Fail. I dumped this project at about 60% completion. Made some nice additions to my HOF auto PC, though.

Welcome back! And congrats on all the completions! You had some pretty ambitious goals, and hit a bunch of them!

My only resolution is to stop buying into group breaks for crappy boxes like Donruss base or Panini Complete.
(04-19-2017, 06:50 PM)tigerbalm2000 Wrote: My only resolution is to stop buying into group breaks for crappy boxes like Donruss base or Panini Complete.
...or 2-box Flawless case breaks for $180 where you have a 75% of getting zero hits.