`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay, seriously?

RE: eBay, seriously?
(01-08-2016, 01:25 AM)krn001 Wrote: You'll get these recommendations; the bots or whatever sorts your searches doesn't know "reprint" is NOT what you're looking for. I just typed 1951 Bowman Mantle "in card category" and 152 cards showed including reprints, then i typed 1951 Bowman Mantle - reprint & it filtered the reprints out.
Yeah I've always got the seller recommendations and the suggested offerings from my search criteria.

If you look at the attachment in the OP though this particular instance it is a response directly to a $4k SGC authenticated copy of the 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle RC that is in my watch list. They sent me a 7.5 graded copy from a no name "grading company" of the 1989 reprint and marketed as I was saving $3,991 by picking up that copy instead of the "same thing" that was in my watch list.

Just seems a big circus full of monkeys put this algorithm together.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

It's an automated search. If you don't filter out "reprint" it will bring up all references to 51 Mantle.

It's not like there's a human eBay agent sitting there looking for cards for you.

The sad part is, it's guaranteed someone out there will see it and be like "heck of a deal!" and buy it.

(01-08-2016, 07:43 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: You know, I was having a ho hum type of morning at work and then I read this, thanks for the laugh. Got to love FeeBay. Smile
Glad to have assisted you in the dull early morning hours of a Friday work day.
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)