`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay, seriously?

eBay, seriously?
So twice in the last few weeks I have found eBay so helpful (not) in finding and referring me to cheaper copies of cards from my search history/watch list. The problem is that they totally suck at it is the best thing I can say...

Attached is a screenshot from my actual email they sent me today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

RE: eBay, seriously?
I don't understand what you're complaining about. It's not everyday you can save over $3991 !!! LOL
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Why don't you just set a search for any new '51 Bowman Mantles listed?

lol, I can save $3,900+ what a sweet deal. I had an SGC authentic copy of his RC in my watch list and this is what they suggest to me.

Yeah eBay has been out of its mind lately. Half the time I can't even get the sold or sort by feature to work anymore.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Jump on it pronto! I don't understand why you would even post this and let someone else beat you to it....LOL. That site is a joke anymore.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-06-2016, 10:02 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Jump on it pronto! I don't understand why you would even post this and let someone else beat you to it....LOL. That site is a joke anymore.
What really bothers me is it says 99% off original price like the two items in comparison are really one and the same. It makes me wonder how many people lesser versed in our hobby or with any purchase in fact are fooled or confused into buying the wrong thing with a similar scenario.

(01-07-2016, 12:39 AM)the cardboard fan Wrote: What really bothers me is it says 99% off original price like the two items in comparison are really one and the same. It makes me wonder how many people lesser versed in our hobby or with any purchase in fact are fooled or confused into buying the wrong thing with a similar scenario.
That is what scares me the most is the uneducated people being taken on Ebay
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

You'll get these recommendations; the bots or whatever sorts your searches doesn't know "reprint" is NOT what you're looking for. I just typed 1951 Bowman Mantle "in card category" and 152 cards showed including reprints, then i typed 1951 Bowman Mantle - reprint & it filtered the reprints out.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

You know, I was having a ho hum type of morning at work and then I read this, thanks for the laugh. Got to love FeeBay. Smile