`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customs with Premium Relic Pieces

Customs with Premium Relic Pieces
This past week has been quite eventful! I was asked to write my second article for Sports Collectors Daily. I wrote about how to break down and sell a large collection of cards before your wife kills you.

I was also asked to play a part in a commercial! The commercial was for an entry in Crash the Super Bowl for Doritos. I wrote about it and put it in some "Off Topic" forums, but figured I'd post it in this blog posting as well.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg]

You can check it out here: https://crashthesuperbowl.doritos.com/ga...ted/4/4184

Needless to say, I'm not going to be quitting my day job anytime soon, lol!

The video guy who created this posted it on the Doritos site, and so I had my family check it out. I decided to view some of the other entries... guess who is in another entry also?

Jose Canseco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL4TzEQQ...e=youtu.be

I thought that was really ironic. I mean, what are the odds?

Speaking of Jose, I ended up doing a few customs for my collection. After doing some 1976 customs, I figured I'd try one out of him.

[Image: 20151119_150117.jpg]

Then, I thought - hey! Why not do one of a picture my wife took of him when we were at his house? Here is the back side of it ... so much more interesting than boring old stats Smile

[Image: 20151119_154214.jpg]

A few days ago, I saw a video of someone's collection, and as he was flipping through his cards, he showed a dual patch 2007 Ultra Dual Materials. I thought that it looked awesome, so I figured I'd cook up one of my own using this jersey:

[Image: 20150516_121930.jpg]

So, here it is:

[Image: 20151118_163451.jpg]

While I was making it, I kept thinking about how Ultra had Gold and Platinum Medallion parallels. I figured I'd cook up a new one myself. How about an Atomic Medallion?

[Image: 20151118_163734.jpg]

If only 2007 Ultra made it for real, but since it is for my personal collection, I guess this will more than suffice Smile

As for premium pieces, I was able to put together a few nice pieces of some Hall of Famers, like Bert Blyleven, Dave Winfield and Paul Molitor. Here they are:

[Image: 20151119_131005.jpg]

[Image: 20151119_130858.jpg]

[Image: 20151119_130753.jpg]

[Image: 20151119_130711.jpg]

[Image: 20151120_151909.jpg]

I realize this isn't nearly as wordy as what I normally post, but I just figured I'd post some of these pics up before the dinner bell rings. Thanks for reading/looking!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: Customs with Premium Relic Pieces
The video quality on your entry for Doritos is pretty good. I won't comment on the acting, but I think you have a decent shot at getting into the finals.
The 1976 Topps custom looks pretty nice. The fielder in the border even looks a bit like Canseco.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-19-2015, 07:14 PM)djohn Wrote: The 1976 Topps custom looks pretty nice. The fielder in the border even looks a bit like Canseco.
I thought the same thing. Just needs a ball bouncing off from his head. Smile
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I'll admit, that thought crossed my mind as well!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Really like the Atomic.....as a fan of the 1976 series, great job.

I thought the same thing. Just needs a ball bouncing off from his head. Smile.....haha, that would have been awesome Zep.

Nice Video......good luck!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.