`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Am I being too anxious and paranoid? *UPDATE*

Am I being too anxious and paranoid? *UPDATE*
I won't post the member's name, but he is very active in trades here on the boards. I sold him some cards at the end of last month. I mailed on the 5th, and he recieved on the 8th. He supposedly sent my check on the 14th without tracking. I did not get that check, and still haven't. He said he put out a stop check on the 22nd and mailed another one the same day, this one with tracking. I have repeatedly asked for the tracking number, and have gotten a response of "I'll get it to you when I get home" on the 27th. Since then, I have sent 5 total trade messages and PM's, and no response although he has logged in today according to his profile. For some reason, I am starting to wonder if I will ever get my money. I know sometimes people are busy with a job and family and that there is a life outside of baseball cards, but how long does it take to send a quick PM with a tracking number or any proof of shipment? Am i being too anxious and paranoid or are my fears justified? And, if you are reading this, please just send me a proof of shipment and the tracking number and I will delete this and pulicly apologize.
UPDATE
Alright, it is about 7:30 and no response on the day he was supposedly going to mail out. Feeling really upset over this. The user is RyanKramer961. If he makes this right, I will undoubtedly apologize. But, until then, I feel that I have had my first bad experience on this site
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

RE: Am I being too anxious and paranoid?
Whoever it is, c'mon man! Send the fella his money! Let's keep things legit on this here site!

That said, making payment after the cards arrive is a bit sketchy...

Hope you get it sorted.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

No, your not being too anxious. Sounds extremely suspect.
(10-30-2015, 03:59 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: Whoever it is, c'mon man! Send the fella his money! Let's keep things legit on this here site!

That said, making payment after the cards arrive is a bit sketchy...

Hope you get it sorted.
+1 on both comments. Come with it buddy. If all is legit get this guy some verification and answer his messages. Also, buyers pay first.

Thanks guys, should I post the member name or is that too far?

I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige

(10-30-2015, 04:03 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Thanks guys, should I post the member name or is that too far?
Too far ...
Be concerned, but don't 'out' him or her yet. Like you know, stuff happens. But I'd give anyone a chance, a warning, then a deadline. If you don't have a check or at least a tracking # soon, then I'd get ready to make it public.

But who ever it is .... Why not just get it over & done?

Or why not just get it paid on PayPal?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

My feeling is that this needs to stop. Esp if it involves money. Call him or her out. They said they would send u tracking info. This would def light a fire.

I'd give him through the weekend and then post his name. If he is logging in and uses the forums, he'll read this and take care of it or you'll know he has not intention of doing so. If that is the case, please let us all know who it is.

I really hope you get your money soon. And just for the record, everything I've ever purchased from members on this site, I always pay via PayPal PRIOR to receiving my cards. I'm covered by PayPal if somebody tries to screw me anyway and everybody is on the up and up. Good luck either way bud.

Five messages with no responses despite logging in...

wait, you sent him the cards before he sent the check?
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

Alright, sent another message his way. If I don't hear back from him by this time tomorrow, I'm posting his name.

Rant: What makes me so f'ing mad is that I am on a very limited budget. I'm in high school, and most of my time right now is devoted to baseball and school, so I do good to pick up an odd job every once in a while and then most of that money goes to savings. I don't want to give anyone a sob story or anything, but that money was going straight into COMC for some PC stuff. Now I don't think I'm going to get the money, so I'm out cash and one of my better cards. Rant over, carry on.