`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Am I being too anxious and paranoid? *UPDATE*

RE: Am I being too anxious and paranoid?
Post his name
Do not ever send first in a sale, especially with a check. I would've cashed it then sent it.

Come on
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

Since you are in highschool we can talk about another lesson learned and wont do that again scenario.

1.Never send cards until you are paid first.
2. if you used the trade through Beckett he could have paid you right out of his bank account into your or yours parents. and he would not be able to get into your account to pull the money back out.

3. Get with a MOD

I see red flags all over the place. First I would not have shipped until I got the check or money order and would insist on a money order and have the buyer show you that it by a picture. He would have then gotten a DC and he would be asking you daily after the 3rd or 4th day if you received it especially if the DC says it arrived. Then all you have to do is ask for the DC and check with your post office.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

B.S.!!!!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Red flags people who pay and get their end want the seller to get their end also. If he/she is not worried about where the check is and when you get your end they are shady and everyone should be advised to stay away from them. If the check was lost in the mail they would find another way to pay you, not just put another check in the mail. Hope it works out.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

I'm kinda speechless on this because it was a sale and the cards were sent first. Name and shame, you went far beyond by sending first.

Ok. "tomorrow" is almost over, post his info.

There are always extenuating circumstances, however you made a couple major mistakes, as others have pointed out.
1) Never send cards before receiving payment (whether it's Paypal, check, money order, cash, etc)
2) If receiving a check be sure to cash/deposit it and wait for the check to clear before sending the cards

Also one lesson that is tough is that unfortunately there are scammers in this world who will take advantage of anyone willing to trust them. Trust is such a tough thing to figure out online, however one of the things that the trade function has done is to make it easier to gain trust. That being said, if the person is very active trading on here then hopefully it's just a matter of extenuating circumstances that have kept him from sending the tracking.
I am wondering though why you agreed to accept a check after sending the cards? Then when the first one never showed up, why not request Paypal payment. He could've sent it as a Paypal gift since he already got the cards and there wouldn't be any fees.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I have reached the user, seems to be that his wife did not mail like he asked her to and that he is out on business. He promised to send on Monday with tracking. I will keep this open until I receive my check.

djohn- I don't have a paypal, I do not own a credit card
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

I do not own a credit card
[/quote]

I don not own one either but now they have prepaid credit card and comes with all the bells and whistles that a credit card does but, you can not spend money if there is no money on it.

The credit card is called a Liquid Credit Card. It does not link to your back accounts and thieves will not get much money if they try to use it. Unlike a debit card or a real credit card.

Just a thought for future reference in case you want to look into someday

I got it for 2 reasons
1. so I can purchase things on line
2. so I have have a paypal account.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I have a credit card(s) but I can't remember the last time I used them. Everything accepts paypal now so I don't need one. I thought I needed one for a paypal account because I didn't want to link paypal to a bank account but as it turns out you don't need a credit card or bank account.