`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SGC or PSA

RE: SGC or PSA
Thank you, I've got a PSA graded Yaz Rookie coming my way too..and somehow I ended up buying two graded 1965 Yaz Cards too..one a SGC and the other PSA...I wonder where the heck my mind was at..lol

(06-04-2015, 08:24 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Sweet. Beautiful cards. Congratulations.

Just curious, What's wrong with bvg?

(06-04-2015, 09:32 PM)altz11 Wrote: Just curious, What's wrong with bvg?
I happen to like BVG the best. Unfortunately as the market stands right now, BVG graded cards usually only demand 70%-80% of current SMR value on PSA graded cards of the same grade. It can be negotiated if the BVG cards in question are absolute blazers, but that's typically what your looking at.

I generally like beckett for my PC item's but will not open a case to be regarded so I do have a bunch of PSA's as well. Mostly for me right now is getting my want cards and I will worry about grading later. PSA sells much better than beckett which the only reason I am told and know of is there reregistery I know beckett has one now but who wants to convert after they have that much money spent on grading to one company. Beckett is better to me because it gives the sub-grades where PSA just puts a number and sends it back. I also feel beckett's holders are much safer and better than PSA. I really don't care much for SGC or there holders. Everything else you might as well not get them graded for other companies.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Awesome Ted card. I like SGC.

(06-05-2015, 11:24 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I generally like beckett for my PC item's but will not open a case to be regarded so I do have a bunch of PSA's as well. Mostly for me right now is getting my want cards and I will worry about grading later. PSA sells much better than beckett which the only reason I am told and know of is there reregistery I know beckett has one now but who wants to convert after they have that much money spent on grading to one company. Beckett is better to me because it gives the sub-grades where PSA just puts a number and sends it back. I also feel beckett's holders are much safer and better than PSA. I really don't care much for SGC or there holders. Everything else you might as well not get them graded for other companies.
I'm really sorry to hear you don't like SGC, as they have the best customer service and as far as I'm concerned their holders beats Beckett's hands down. Granted, their registry is not the greatest, but the powers that be at SGC realize this. But their service times and customer service beats Beckett all to hell. And yes, you're right, PSA cards do sell for more, but then they have to because you're paying a top price to get PSA grading. As far as I'm concerned, just for grading, SGC is so much better it isn't even funny.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(06-05-2015, 12:59 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I'm really sorry to hear you don't like SGC, as they have the best customer service and as far as I'm concerned their holders beats Beckett's hands down. Granted, their registry is not the greatest, but the powers that be at SGC realize this. But their service times and customer service beats Beckett all to hell. And yes, you're right, PSA cards do sell for more, but then they have to because you're paying a top price to get PSA grading. As far as I'm concerned, just for grading, SGC is so much better it isn't even funny.
I have a few cards graded by SGC and I am not impressed with the holder. There is no protective sleeve like beckett has from what I have seen. The Black in the case looks cool but that's about the only thing that was nice to me. I don't see how you say it protects it better though. Customer service might be great but I have not had any issues with BGS/BVG customer service and they have a set price like beckett does. PSA it depends on the card grade and price you could get for it seems to me like there selfish and money hunger but people go to them still and there holders are the worst of the 3.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]