`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kris Bryant: 318 different auto's before his first rc card

Kris Bryant: 318 different auto's before his first rc card
Yes, I know auto's are over produced these days but does anyone else see anything wrong/ridiculous with this? Every year card companies push the prospecting thing down our throats just a little farther. This kids auto's are already numbered in the 10's of thousands!

RE: Kris Bryant: 318 different auto's before his first rc card
Yeah it's a little ridiculous now, I'd prefer the bowman debut autos and that be it, but prospects sell boxes just look at the number of autos buxton already has out there

It is absolutely getting absurd. It seems at this point that chrome will stay king, and the prices of all the others are being watered down, but I can't help but feel that this is a bubble that will burst. The biggest offense in my opinion is the release of multiple autos in the same prospect brand... For example, taijuan has regular sterling prospect autos in '10, '12, '13... Same thing is going on with inception.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Wow, that's an insane amount of autos! And he hasn't even played half a season yet!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(05-24-2015, 11:32 AM)petillo64 Wrote: It is absolutely getting absurd. It seems at this point that chrome will stay king, and the prices of all the others are being watered down, but I can't help but feel that this is a bubble that will burst. The biggest offense in my opinion is the release of multiple autos in the same prospect brand... For example, taijuan has regular sterling prospect autos in '10, '12, '13... Same thing is going on with inception.
I agree chrome will stay king but they're killing the parallel market as well. How many variations were produced last year/this year? It's bad enough guys are signing 5,000 + base auto's now, but different colored refractors with the same print run? Why?

Absolutely, I see something wrong with this. In my eyes, prospect cards are a total disservice to the very idea of the RC. Prospect cards render RCs worthless and essentially pointless, imo. Same principle behind all these pre-RC autos.

Also, I thought MLB, in some card agreement several years ago, stated that no player is to be depicted on cards before he is in the Majors. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that's what I read, and I never read any change to that.

(05-24-2015, 12:52 PM)wordsense Wrote: Absolutely, I see something wrong with this. In my eyes, prospect cards are a total disservice to the very idea of the RC. Prospect cards render RCs worthless and essentially pointless, imo. Same principle behind all these pre-RC autos.

Also, I thought MLB, in some card agreement several years ago, stated that no player is to be depicted on cards before he is in the Majors. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that's what I read, and I never read any change to that.
if i remember correct a player cannot be on TOPPS cards before they are in the majors, bowman is not under the same license restriction

(05-24-2015, 02:00 PM)rentzington Wrote: if i remember correct a player cannot be on TOPPS cards before they are in the majors, bowman is not under the same license restriction
What about Topps Heritage Just Minors?

I would still buy his bowman auto at $ 100 a shot :p even tho there's so many

(05-24-2015, 02:57 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: What about Topps Heritage Just Minors?
I think since the topps minor league series of cards is strictly for minor leagues its under a different license.