`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just wanted to send out a WARNING for a listing on EBay UPDATED 3/18/2015

Just wanted to send out a WARNING for a listing on EBay UPDATED 3/18/2015
FOR UPDATE SCROLL DOWN TO POST 45 AND FURTHER.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this and don't really care. Please collectors be careful of what you are bidding on when it comes to EBay. Here is a link to the listing that currently has me upset.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151618249003

It is NOT for the Bryant card but for the used redemption. The seller knows very well that whoever buys this is thinking it's for the card. I know it's for the "redemption" card and not the actual card because I contacted the seller. Sorry, needed to rant.

RE: Just wanted to send out a WARNING for a listing on EBay
they really need to read the description before bidding!! 117.00 for a used redemption WOW maybe I should put my old redemptions on there. LOL
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(03-15-2015, 02:18 PM)waynetalger Wrote: they really need to read the description before bidding!! 117.00 for a used redemption WOW maybe I should put my old redemptions on there. LOL
Yes, you're correct they do need to read it. The seller knows very well it's a scam though. Kind of like the post from the member that bragged about taking advantage of the lady that didn't know anything about baseball cards. Anyway, I hope the winner gets their money back and leaves negative.

This reminds me of an auction a few years ago. The seller was selling a picture of his Reggie Bush card.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

It's not right but he does have "Redeemed" in his listing title. He's looking for a moron with money and he's gonna catch one.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-15-2015, 02:35 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: This reminds me of an auction a few years ago. The seller was selling a picture of his Reggie Bush card.
Wow, I missed that one!
(03-15-2015, 02:36 PM)zeprock Wrote: It's not right but he does have "Redeemed" in his listing title. He's looking for a moron with money and he's gonna catch one.
I understand what you are saying, but in his description.....

"Winner of this auction will receive the ALREADY REDEEMED Kris Bryant Black Wave Auto Redemption"

Could this not be interpreted as you are receiving the card because the seller has already redeemed it? No matter what, it's shady business. I did ask the seller if he plans to give a refund once the buyer realizes what he did and wants the money back. Waiting for an answer on that one.

I think this is very shady of the seller but people do need to read more carefully.
Like the old saying; A sucker is born every minute.

(03-15-2015, 02:49 PM)fatman711 Wrote: I think this is very shady of the seller but people do need to read more carefully.
Like the old saying; A sucker is born every minute.
Very true.

Ya know, if ebay gets enough "report item" complaints there is a chance they could take it down. I've already reported this item to ebay.
Even if ebay doesn't take down the listing, I'm pretty sure the buyer will cause a big enough fuss and probably get their money back as it is very easy to report an item not as described and get a refund. A very dumb thing to do on the sellers part as it's probably going to be a waste of time when he has to refund the buyer.

his language in the auction still is ambiguous enough to make it sound like you are getting the real card